• Please log in to reply
36 ответов в этой теме

#1 klustig

klustig

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 31 Март 2010 - 09:01

Hi,

I'm trying to run the bootable CD and once it boots up and the scanner opens the computer either freezes or my mouse\keyboard just stop working. I can move my mouse on the screen prior to it booting and it creates black squares all over.

Win Vista 32bit
4gb ram
quad intel processor

#2 DuaneF

DuaneF

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Апрель 2010 - 00:36

Same issue here, exactly. Downloaded twice, checked MD5, burned slowly and verified burn. Both disks boot to a green screen with a small open scanner program,arrow-cursor sitting in the middle, but keyboard and mouse are completely ineffectual. Can't even 4-second the front switch - must shut off the rocker on the power supply.

System: Pentium 4, 2.4ghz, on HP motherboard, 1.5gb RAM.

Any advice for us?

#3 sliceguy

sliceguy

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 03 Апрель 2010 - 18:00

Me too.

#4 zdm

zdm

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Апрель 2010 - 21:22

Just downloaded and experiencing same stoppage on screen.Why?

#5 oaklandelder

oaklandelder

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 07 Апрель 2010 - 06:41

This same exact thing is happening with my Vista computer. Please help somebody?? I really need to know why this is happening..

Thanks

#6 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 07 Апрель 2010 - 06:57

To all
Need create a bug here http://bugs.drweb.com
project - LiveCD

#7 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 07 Апрель 2010 - 11:32

It is reported.
http://bugs.drweb.com/bug_view_advanced_pa...?bug_id=0039733
sorry for not checking it before but here is nearly same bug reported before me
http://bugs.drweb.com/bug_view_advanced_pa...?bug_id=0039032

#8 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 07 Апрель 2010 - 11:40

It is reported.

The report is necessary for each configuration

#9 ssledge7

ssledge7

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 20 Апрель 2010 - 03:03

Really?,

From all of my experiences with Live CD's they should boot most pc's Sure I run across a pc every now and again that I cant boot one of my Live CD's on, but

at least most of the time the live CD's I have and I've had my share of them will boot on the next PC I try them on.

From Ubuntu to many other Linux Distro's as well as Mini Windows Live Cd's like Hirens and UBCD.

But this thing, no joke will not boot on any PC I try it on!!!!!

Like the other posts I downloaded the Dr Web Live CD latest version and burnt to CD. Redownloaded and reburnt Slower w/ a verify pass.

Now I have tried to boot it on a dozen or so different pc's. All have the same identical result everone is describing here.

I cannot get this LIVE CD to boot on any PC , NOT A SINGLE PC! Sounds like poor R & D testing to me.

Dr. Webb LIve CD tries to boot all the way to desktop. I see the desktop and Icons. But then it is froze! No mouse or Keyboard works.

Again this happens every time on every pc I have tried it on.

Some were older pc's Some were Newer.

Some were custom built, Some were average pc's one was on a very nice ASUS board

There were hp's, dells, Compaqs, an Emachine, 2 Toshiba laptop and one Sony Vaio Laptop.

What is the problem if it cant boot on such a wide cross section of the PC landscape?

It seems like it would be a cool product. But I have yet to be able to even try it.

I'm not going to file a trouble ticket and begin to try to enter all the system specs of every pc I have tried this thing on.

I've already wasted a bunch of time just trying this software. So Back to the drawing board fellas.

I work on PC's for a living and realize their configurations are wide,,, but as many different PC's I have tried this disc on at our disposal TO NO Avail. This problem is

less system specific and more likely a - NARROW WINDOW of SUPPORT - <<ISSUE

Trying on many more pc's before releaseing the next version might be advisable.

#10 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 20 Апрель 2010 - 07:45

Please describe it (copy your report) here http://bugs.drweb.com

#11 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 20 Апрель 2010 - 22:56

Just for your information this bug has been resolved with 5.0.3.1004200 version, you could wait this version to download.

#12 barzu

barzu

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 03 Май 2010 - 23:35

is 5.0.3 available for download anywhere? I see that 5.0.2 is still the default on the website.

#13 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 03 Май 2010 - 23:41

Hello,

is 5.0.3 available for download anywhere? I see that 5.0.2 is still the default on the website.

That version which is 5.0.3.1004200 i mentioned above is an internal release or bug fix release, these releases aren't available public.

#14 Tim Marsh

Tim Marsh

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Май 2010 - 14:05

So the version you have posted for download does not work. It hangs up as everyone has mentioned. You then reply that it's a known error and that a new version corrects this problem. But you say that it's not available to the public. ? ? ?

So you plan on leaving the version that does not work on your site for others to download only to find it doesn't work? When does a new version that does work get posted?

#15 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Май 2010 - 14:33

Hello

So the version you have posted for download does not work. It hangs up as everyone has mentioned. You then reply that it's a known error and that a new version corrects this problem. But you say that it's not available to the public. ? ? ?

That is correct. It was a bug and it has been resolved by developers. Please see here
http://bugs.drweb.com/bug_view_advanced_pa...?bug_id=0039733
http://bugs.drweb.com/bug_view_advanced_pa...?bug_id=0039032

So you plan on leaving the version that does not work on your site for others to download only to find it doesn't work? When does a new version that does work get posted?

Of course not, this error doesn't happen on everyone's computer.

If it would be a global bug which effects everyones computer, do you think a company like dr.web would sit on it's corner and does nothing? this is just a bug which occurs on some users computer and when dr.web developers realised it they created a fix for it like a regular another bug.

For example : This bug is fixed in version 5.0.3.1004200, another bug would be fixed in version 5.0.3.1004222 and another would be fixed in version 5.0.3.1005555 etc... at the end we would reach public release version.

There is not exact release date that i know.

#16 barzu

barzu

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Май 2010 - 17:48

So what is a recommended workaround? I've got a raid 5 array on this computer, I can't exactly pull the drives out and throw them in another machine.

What do the developers say we should do in a case like this. It's an intel ich10r chipset, but just as the other dudes, the live cd hangs after the desktop loads.

I've tested the cd in another machine (dell xps 400) and get the same resutls with a different chipset.

#17 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Май 2010 - 19:03

Hello,

So what is a recommended workaround?

1-) If you want to use it for disinfect your system, did you try to use other free options like Cureit or did you try it without X Window, I mean have you ever used Console Scanner? For more information using dr.web LiveCD with console scanner please read help file which can be found here. Please see page 49th.

2-) If you want to use it for just browsing your files, untill the next version comes out you can try to use other LiveCD Distrubions like Slax, ubuntu LiveCD.

#18 Tim Marsh

Tim Marsh

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Май 2010 - 14:15

Thanks drumut. Cureit won't work because either the PC won't even load to Windows or malware won't allow access to internet to download it or won't allow exe's to run.

The Console Scanner is a possibility. I had not read the entire manual and did not see it. I assume it runs with no gui which is why you suggest it should work since the current gui is hanging.

I guess we'll just keep and eye open for the new version.

Thx

#19 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Май 2010 - 17:24

Hello

PC won't even load to Windows

Doesn't it load in safe mode either?

I assume it runs with no gui which is why you suggest it should work since the current gui is hanging.

That is correct.

#20 donkarlos

donkarlos

• Posters
  • 11 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Май 2010 - 13:05

Hello all,

I have a workaround for this issue:
  • Unzip the uploaded archive to a USB stick partition formatted with FAT file system.
  • Boot LiveCD in Safe Mode.
  • Use "Start Shell" to enter a subshell.
  • Insert USB stick and wait for some seconds (so it gets automounted).
  • Enter the following command:
    sh /mnt/disk/sd*/fixgui
  • Press <Ctrl+D> to leave the subshell.
  • Use "Start Xorg".
Now, the GUI should come up with working keyboard and mouse.
Check this by moving the mouse.

Hope that helps,

Karl

Прикрепленные файлы:

• Прикрепленный файл  fixgui.zip   2,3К   141 Скачано раз

Сообщение было изменено Karl Schmitz: 06 Май 2010 - 13:07

--

Don Carlos, Infant von Spanien

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых