Перейти к содержимому

Фото
* * * * * 2 Голосов

Drweb - What Do People Want 'the Most'?

• Please log in to reply
65 ответов в этой теме

Опрос: Drweb - What Do People Want 'the Most'?

multiple choices allowed

Вы не можете увидеть результаты голосования, пока не проголосуете сами. Войдите на форум и проголосуйте, чтобы увидеть результаты.
Голосовать Гости не могут голосовать

#1 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 01:46

Hey,

what do the Customers want to see in V5?

Please try not to vote for everything, so we can see what everyone wants the most.

#2 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 01:56

What does it mean "Game Mode"? ;)
С уважением,
Борис А. Чертенко aka Borka.

#3 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:00

a collection of automatic settings that enable when entering into a full screen PC game, settings that will better performance without having to worry about system resources or security.

#4 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:02

a collection of automatic settings that enable when entering into a full screen PC game, settings that will better performance without having to worry about system resources or security.

I think I need no this. ;)
С уважением,

#5 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:05

there are a few AV's that currently have a game mode, such as norton i think, bitdefender and i think bullguard have one too.

there may be others too....

so, you like the post?

think it will work how i want it to? ;)

or better still, you think it has a chance of making Drweb listen a little?

#6 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:10

Hello,

Ofcourse everyone wants better detections and anti-malware capabilities, without a doubt. I voted for a flashy GUI, faster scanner and the game mode.

Better GUI gives a professional look for the application and will attract more customers, mostly the ones who are not familiar with "oldschool" style software.

Scan speed is always something that people complain about, perhaps it's impossible to improve the file throughput but perhaps a technology similar to Kasperskys iChecker/iSwift? To scan only files that are new or has been changed after the previous scan. I think this would'nt decrease protection and could be labeled as "smart scan."

Then the game mode, I don't necessarily need something labeled as a "game mode" but an option would be nice for the updater to run it with lower priority. I always notice when the updater starts when I get huge FPS/lag spikes in online games. I have set the update interval to six hours because otherwise it would cause this too often.

and btw.. congratulations for the new v5, working fine here ;)

#7 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:14

there are a few AV's that currently have a game mode, such as norton i think, bitdefender and i think bullguard have one too.
there may be others too....

IMHO on
If somebody has something it does not mean all must have the same. ;)
IMHO off

so, you like the post?

Goog enough. ;)

think it will work how i want it to? ;)
or better still, you think it has a chance of making Drweb listen a little?

I don't know. http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.png Developers works to make Dr.Web better. They see their own priorities, but we see another ones. :D
С уважением,

#8 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:20

I don't know. ;) Developers works to make Dr.Web better. They see their own priorities, but we see another ones. ;)

yep, i think thats the problem.

Igor aswell as the staff, im sure have their own ideas, butthey still should listen to what people want. (i think) ;)

#9 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:21

Better GUI gives a professional look for the application and will attract more customers, mostly the ones who are not familiar with "oldschool" style software.

Hm... ;) So better GUI is your choise or potential customers one? Do you really need better GUI?

Igor aswell as the staff, im sure have their own ideas, butthey still should listen to what people want. (i think) ;)

I think you know the place to be heared. Doesn't you? ;)
С уважением,

#10 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:25

Hm... ;) So better GUI is your choise or potential customers one? Do you really need better GUI?

i dont think its 'needed'

... but its surely wanted, and has been for a while.

it certainly will create more customers, which creates more cash ;)

i used to work in Marketing for my first job, i know just how much a little 'flash' can make on potential customers.

* I also hope the Russians come into this part and vote too, and comment if they can also speak english, id love to know their thoughts on the current version.

#11 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:28

it certainly will create more customers, which creates more cash ;)

Maybe. ;) I propose do not count DrWeb's money. ;) If they will want - they will do. I think.
С уважением,

#12 disinter1

disinter1

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:33

Ok, I just voted and support Dr Web even though I ain't using the antivirus now.

#13 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:36

Hi..

Personally I don't need a better GUI .. but I don't consider myself as the "basic" or mainstream user since I have some bits of knowledge about software and the OS. I even liked how I was able to change settings directly from drweb32.ini but now the self-protection gets in the way. With the GUI-matter I was talking about what I would think that might be beneficial for Dr.Web. I could live with a text-only version of the program ;)

But the average user might be interested in good looking software that is easy to navigate and ergonomic, and this is what brings in the money and more users. I believe every company should be interested in both. ;)

#14 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:42

I think you know the place to be heared. Doesn't you? ;)

ive certainly been there, believe me.

but honestly, ive found greater success talking to drweb staff members personally, but even then.... there is an attitude of (and i mean no disrespect to drweb) "we know what we are doing, we will add and do what we want" even if its not always what the customers want.

is this arrogance or ignorance? ;)

lol ;)

#15 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:56

Additon to the GUI-issue: I like the current v5 graphics style, icons .. images and fonts. I think the product only needs to be completed with those, there are parts of the program that still have the old v4-generation style. For example, the spider guard control, spider guard settings and the scanner.

#16 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 02:58

lol ;)

Greetings, Chris.
I think, that only a policy of the company to whom they consistently follow.
GUI - the separate project, and at your forum explanations in this occasion even have been already given by employee DrWeb
IMHO consecutive (it is final reasonable) the policy is worthy respect too.

#17 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 03:01

Additon to the GUI-issue: I like the current v5 graphics style, icons .. images and fonts. I think the product only needs to be completed with those, there are parts of the program that still have the old v4-generation style. For example, the spider guard control and the scanner.

id like to see a complete GUI-rewrite, and i think there is one of these already 'in-development' (or plans to be)

i think its important to have everything all in one GUI, without multiple screens etc.

even the scanner, should load or show in the same GUI interface.

the current 'NEW V5 icons' are very good, they ooooze class, they should be implemented into a new GUI.

#18 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 03:10

lol ;)

Greetings, Chris.
I think, that only a policy of the company to whom they consistently follow.
GUI - the separate project, and at your forum explanations in this occasion even have been already given by employee DrWeb
IMHO consecutive (it is final reasonable) the policy is worthy respect too.

i hope you dont mis-understand my posts, they aint negative to anyone.

i like drweb, i use drweb and have done for a very long time.

i respect and understand drweb's policy not to 'copy' everyone and develop their own technologys and techniques,

however....

there are things that can be added, without interferring with this policy, and still by creating new technologys.

like i said, i like drweb and their staff members.

but..... you guys are stubborn. lol http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

the customers aint scary, we dont bite ..... i see no harm in a little interaction. ;)

#19 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 03:30

there are things that can be added, without interferring with this policy, and still by creating new technologys.

like i said, i like drweb and their staff members.

but..... you guys are stubborn. lol ;)

Оh, I completely agree with your opinion. ;)

the customers aint scary, we dont bite ..... i see no harm in a little interaction. ;)

Оh, I completely agree with your opinion.
Very correct words. IMHO, now and occurs. You see it?

#20 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 05:31

even at this early stage, im intrigued at Zero votes still for a firewall.

yet the firewall arrives in 2-3 months right?

will it be a good one?... probably
will it probably have some unique technology?... probably

but this really hits the nail on the head, do people really want it?

IMHO id welcome anything new to the doctor, however... i do wonder if the time and resources could have been better used somewhere else.

lets see how it goes ;)

i wonder if the staff members can speak their mind about what they think, without fearing backlash from the boss. ;) lol

;)

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых