Перейти к содержимому

Фото
- - - - -

Faulty Installation Causes System Repair At Startup, Drprot.sys File Is Listed As The Root Cause.

• Please log in to reply
3 ответов в этой теме

#1 psykosteel

psykosteel

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 25 Декабрь 2010 - 05:16

Hello All,

This isn't the reason I wanted to join the forums. Here is the scenario, I tried to install and run DrWeb Curit and it had a BSOD error and rebooted without any problems. I tried again, but the same thing happened again, so I gave up.

The next time I rebooted it went into system repair before startup and identified drprot.sys as the root cause. I tried to find the file in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder, but it was not there.

I tried a system restore from a previous point and this did not fix it either, it may have made the problem worse.

I need some suggestions on how to repair/replace/ignore this file at startup. The machine is Vista SP1

Here are my options system repair, system restore, restore from backup, memtest, command prompt. I cannot get my system to boot to normal or safe mode.

I don't have the installation disk as it was not supplied with the computer, Vista was factory installed.

Thanks in advanced,

AJ

#2 psykosteel

psykosteel

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 25 Декабрь 2010 - 09:13

Just need to make a correction, the file that is throwing the error is the dwprot.sys file.

Thank you,

AJ

#3 CARON67

CARON67

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 28 Февраль 2011 - 09:34

Excellent psykosteel

Kind regards

#4 pleekit

pleekit

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Октябрь 2011 - 07:37

so what is the fix. I have a similar problem with my vista machine. Boot manager complains that the file is corrupt. How do I disable from it being loaded on boot.

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых