Personal Information Required To Download Drweb Cure-it

• Please log in to reply
17 ответов в этой теме

#1 dor123

dor123

• Posters
  • 9 Сообщений:

Отправлено 29 Март 2011 - 17:09

Recently, when i get in to download the lastest Drweb Cure-it, the site suddenly requires me to enter my personal information, without my desire, that isn't required for this action, and may threat my and other Drweb Cure-it users privacy.
These information includes, full name, email adress, education, sex, birthday time, etc...
This thing wasn't happened until now.
For what reason is this requirement???
Please remove this immediately.

#2 CARON67

CARON67

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Апрель 2011 - 08:28

Many thanks dor123 for your information

Kind regards

#3 dor123

dor123

• Posters
  • 9 Сообщений:

Отправлено 03 Май 2011 - 20:47

A slightly more then a month have been passed, and a thing didn't made to remove the requirement for the inserting the personal information before downloading Drweb Cureit.
Please take care about this, and remove the personal information requirement.

#4 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Май 2011 - 07:42

Write any of the information. It is not critical

#5 dor123

dor123

• Posters
  • 9 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Июнь 2011 - 08:20

The personal information that the site requires from me to insert, includes, full name, email adress, education, sex, birthday time, etc...
Please remove this personal information requirement.
Currently i download Drweb Cure-it from the israeli site of Drweb: www.drweb.co.il . It allows to me to download Drweb Cure-it freely, without any personal information insertion.

Сообщение было изменено dor123: 01 Июнь 2011 - 08:22

#6 hekto

hekto

• Posters
  • 143 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Июнь 2011 - 08:35

Please remove this personal information requirement.

Why should they do it?

#7 sgian-dubh

sgian-dubh

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Июнь 2011 - 01:13

[Write any of the information. It is not critical

Serg, if the info is not crucial then why do it at all. I can understand when purchasing a product online(such as Dr.Web)but, it makes no sense for a free application. Is there any particular reason for it? It may put many users off.

#8 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Июнь 2011 - 04:33

Serg, if the info is not crucial then why do it at all. I can understand when purchasing a product online(such as Dr.Web)but, it makes no sense for a free application. Is there any particular reason for it? It may put many users off.

The reasons are in the marketing department of the "DrWeb" company.
If you can translate to your language with the Russian language(for Example, Google), you can see this topic http://forum.drweb.com/index.php?showtopic=302595

#9 sgian-dubh

sgian-dubh

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Июнь 2011 - 13:14

Thanks Serg. The problem i see with this is that for some users it may be there first time of hearing about Dr.Web(via cureit)and asking them to fill in a form to download a free utility seems some what bazaar, particularly if you are infected - which is the last thing you want to do if you are infected.
Marketing is about trying to promote a companies product(s) in the hope that users will trial/buy their software, doing something like this may put off many users, especially with so many phish/scams out there - some users may think this looks like a scam.

I hope marketing will reconsider this idea?

#10 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Июнь 2011 - 13:22

I think nobody will change nothing. :)
sgian-dubh, this theme have been discussed very many times at russian forum part...
С уважением,
Борис А. Чертенко aka Borka.

#11 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Июнь 2011 - 13:24

sgian-dubh
I agree with your opinion in most things.

But I hope to replace the head of marketing department :) :)

#12 sgian-dubh

sgian-dubh

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Июнь 2011 - 19:30

sgian-dubh
I agree with your opinion in most things.

But I hope to replace the head of marketing department :P :)

Darn it- me too :) . Cannot do any worse than some of the decisions marketing have made in recent years, for example; Kaspersky dumping the custom installation last year and it seems this year as well- all because some users do not know if they have a 32 or a 64bit machine. Or Mcafee a couple years ago releasing a product still in beta all because marketing wanted the product release even thought it was not ready - to fit in with their marketing campaign.

#13 CARON67

CARON67

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 10 Июнь 2011 - 08:20

Or Mcafee a couple years ago releasing a product still in beta all because marketing wanted the product release even thought it was not ready

Hi ,

Also I think this that is a product still in beta all because marketing wanted the product ( same )

Kind regards

#14 dor123

dor123

• Posters
  • 9 Сообщений:

Отправлено 28 Июнь 2011 - 18:16

Thanks Serg. The problem i see with this is that for some users it may be there first time of hearing about Dr.Web(via cureit)and asking them to fill in a form to download a free utility seems some what bazaar, particularly if you are infected - which is the last thing you want to do if you are infected.
Marketing is about trying to promote a companies product(s) in the hope that users will trial/buy their software, doing something like this may put off many users, especially with so many phish/scams out there - some users may think this looks like a scam.

sgian-dubh: You are right. The forms filling screen looks also to me as a trying of a phishing/scam from Dr.Web.
Dr-web cure-it is a utility that is sometimes required to download at emergency situations and the forms filling may block the users from downloading Dr.web Cure-It.
Also, this forms filling at the downloading, looks to me also as spying after users, as they are requires to insert things that mustn't to be revealed in the Internet.
They should eliminate the forms filling promptly.
As a punishment step against Dr.web, i downloading Dr.Web Cure-It from www.drweb.co.il , which is the the israeli Dr.web site, which don't requires me to filling forms at all while downloading Dr.web Cure-It.

#15 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Июль 2011 - 00:20

Also, this forms filling at the downloading, looks to me also as spying after users, as they are requires to insert things that mustn't to be revealed in the Internet.

Spying: to observe secretively or furtively with hostile intent (often followed by on or upon )

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spying

We need to know what meanings words have...

As a punishment step against Dr.web

;) At least dr.web would be the application which save your computer, i like that punishment..See MD5 for up to date signatures..

#16 dor123

dor123

• Posters
  • 9 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Июль 2011 - 09:15

With Dr.Web® LiveCD donwloading, Dr.web don't requires filling forms and with Dr.web cure-it, they did requires?
This is really a scam.

#17 CARON67

CARON67

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 11 Июль 2011 - 08:53

This is really a scam

Absolutely no

Kind regards

#18 BEWRD

BEWRD

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Август 2011 - 06:22

;) Hi,You can directctly download the latest verion of cureit in http://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/

Сообщение было изменено BEWRD: 17 Август 2011 - 06:23

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых