Questions From The New User Of Dr.web

• Please log in to reply
6 ответов в этой теме

#1 HeavyWind

HeavyWind

• Posters
  • 5 Сообщений:

Отправлено 15 Март 2011 - 20:36

Hi! I'm using Dr.Web first time and I have some questions about it.

1. Do I need to run Dr.Web as Administrator, when I'm using Windows 7 x64 as Normal user (I'm using Normal account because of security reasons)? I just ran it as Normal user and it found nothing, but is it enough to run it as Normal user with Win 7?

2. Do I need to run it with the Safe Mode?

3. When it started scanning the system first time it started an Express scan so I stopped it and then I started a Complete scan. Should I have waited, when an Express scan ends and then started a Complete scan? I mean, that is it harmful to stop the first Express scan and then start a Complete scan?

Thanks in advance!

#2 sgian-dubh

sgian-dubh

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 16 Март 2011 - 00:45

Hello -

1. You do not need to run in admin mode all the time. However, if you need to say for example, delete a file, then you`ll need admin mode to do that.

2. A scan is usually best ran in normal mode as everything is running. If you are infected, sometimes it is best to run in safe mode.

3. Stopping an express scan will not harm your system.

Hope that helps.

#3 CARON67

CARON67

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 16 Март 2011 - 10:44

that is it harmful to stop the first Express scan and then start a Complete scan?

Hi HeavyWind ,

Sorry my little question but you have disable also the module U.A.C ?

Thanks

Kind regards

#4 HeavyWind

HeavyWind

• Posters
  • 5 Сообщений:

Отправлено 16 Март 2011 - 13:21

Stopping an express scan will not harm your system.

But will it harm the Dr.Web scanner?

Hi HeavyWind ,

Sorry my little question but you have disable also the module U.A.C ?

I haven't done that. Do I need to disable UAC?

#5 sgian-dubh

sgian-dubh

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 16 Март 2011 - 19:31

But will it harm the Dr.Web scanner?

No.

#6 CARON67

CARON67

• Posters
  • 40 Сообщений:

Отправлено 16 Март 2011 - 19:35

I haven't done that. Do I need to disable UAC?

Hi ,

The module U.A.C it may to see problems also with the Dr.Web scanner whythe module U.A.C is a module restrictive

Kind regards

#7 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 26 Март 2011 - 00:32

1. Do I need to run Dr.Web as Administrator, when I'm using Windows 7 x64 as Normal user (I'm using Normal account because of security reasons)? I just ran it as Normal user and it found nothing, but is it enough to run it as Normal user with Win 7?

You need to have some admin privilages to change dr.web settings. On the other hand dr.web security shield can't be effected by user type, admin or regular user. So you are good.

2. Do I need to run it with the Safe Mode?

No, you do not need to run it in Safe Mode, also security applications run in normal mode better than any other mode.

3. When it started scanning the system first time it started an Express scan so I stopped it and then I started a Complete scan. Should I have waited, when an Express scan ends and then started a Complete scan? I mean, that is it harmful to stop the first Express scan and then start a Complete scan?

It is ok.

Сообщение было изменено drumut: 26 Март 2011 - 00:32

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых