Drweb Livecd And Pxe Net Boot

• Please log in to reply
3 ответов в этой теме

#1 mascatarasca

mascatarasca

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Октябрь 2009 - 21:19

Hi everyone, I work in a computer store where we use DrWEB Cureit all the time to disinfect all kind of windows machines and it works great. Most of the time we boot a modified windows XP over PXE and from there launch cureit or whatever.

Since I'm alredy serving some Linux images from my TFTP server using PXE I tough there has to be some way to boot DrWEB livecd too but can't find any docs abut this topic.

Is the livecd kernel compiled for tftp or nfs netboot support? Has someone else already acomplished this?

Im still poking around trying to get it working, Since the livecd is gentoo based, may be should I build my own kernel for such task and stop annoying in the forums right? (Im a long-time-but-lazy gentoo user too) :)

Thanks in advance. I'll post back if success (or not).

Cheers!

UPDATE1: Seems to be no way to boot over PXE, at least not as an init switch but there is NFS support in the initrd as kernel module, trying to tweak the init script inside initrd to support NFS boot right now.

Сообщение было изменено mascatarasca: 30 Октябрь 2009 - 21:49

#2 Dr33

Dr33

• Posters
  • 45 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Ноябрь 2009 - 05:37

Hi everyone, I work in a computer store where we use DrWEB Cureit all the time to disinfect all kind of windows machines and it works great. Most of the time we boot a modified windows XP over PXE and from there launch cureit or whatever.

Since I'm alredy serving some Linux images from my TFTP server using PXE I tough there has to be some way to boot DrWEB livecd too but can't find any docs abut this topic.

Is the livecd kernel compiled for tftp or nfs netboot support? Has someone else already acomplished this?

Im still poking around trying to get it working, Since the livecd is gentoo based, may be should I build my own kernel for such task and stop annoying in the forums right? (Im a long-time-but-lazy gentoo user too) :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance. I'll post back if success (or not).

Cheers!

UPDATE1: Seems to be no way to boot over PXE, at least not as an init switch but there is NFS support in the initrd as kernel module, trying to tweak the init script inside initrd to support NFS boot right now.

if you use the utility on your personal computer only!!!!!! its free. If you need to scan a computer at your desk or provide computer repair and system restore services using Dr.Web CureIt!, you will need to purchase a license.

you can buy it here

http://freedrweb.com/cureit/buy

#3 mclaudt

mclaudt

• Posters
  • 6 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Март 2011 - 00:17

Also need to run DrWeb LiveCD by means of pxe or similiar way.

Is there any progress?

#4 mclaudt

mclaudt

• Posters
  • 6 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Март 2011 - 00:24

if you use the utility on your personal computer only!!!!!! its free. If you need to scan a computer at your desk or provide computer repair and system restore services using Dr.Web CureIt!, you will need to purchase a license.

you can buy it here

http://freedrweb.com/cureit/buy

What sould we do in case of personal computer on the work desk? :lol: Should we put it on the floor first?

Сообщение было изменено mclaudt: 09 Март 2011 - 00:28

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых