SSL SSL certificate

• Please log in to reply
13 ответов в этой теме

#1 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 16 Декабрь 2020 - 16:43

Hello,

I am using Ubuntu 20.04 LTS operating system, and Thunderbird 68.10 email software.

My email provider is Mailfence.com.

Just after installing DrWeb it is no longer possible to collect emails, Thunderbird "crashes", I have an error message "mailfence.com trying to authenticate by itself etc etc", I accepts the security exception, but nothing happens.

I have of course tried the exclusions and deletion of DrWeb SSL certificates, nothing helps.

Here is the response from the email provider to my support request:

"Hello,

Since you are using a local proxy (which appears to use a self-signed SSL certificate), your best bet is to discuss it with that proxy service / application provider.

If the issue is specific to Thunderbird, your best bet is to raise it with your support team.

On our side, as long as your client program or proxy trusts the root authority that signed our SSL certificate, it should be able to trust it at that time.

I remain at your disposal."

I would like to point out that changing your email software or email provider is not an option.

Do you have a solution?

Thanking you in advance for your availability,

B.

#2 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 16 Декабрь 2020 - 18:27

Is it related to that?

"

Mailfence servers blocked in Russia

by · Published

March 16, 2020

· Update

April 2, 2020

Mailfence servers are gradually blocked by Russian email services. Consequently, the sending of emails to Russian services is limited and their effective transmission is no longer guaranteed.

A few weeks ago, we received an official request to submit a solicitation to start collaboration with the Roskomnadzor (the Federal Agency for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Communications) from the Russian government. . But fulfilling their request would require us to provide information about our users, in violation of our terms of use and Belgian federal laws. We therefore did not respond to this request.

As a result, Mailfence's SMTP servers will be gradually blocked by services based in Russia. Receipt of emails is now uncertain and could even be discreetly interrupted (without the non-receipt report being returned). At the time of publishing this post, here are some of the services that have become unreachable in Russia:

belbriz.ru
emx.mail.ru
mail-s30.1gb.ru
mail.khlopin.ru
mail.mospolytech.ru
mail.navigatorgrp.ru
mail.pscstroy.ru
mail.uvz.ru
mail.yazaputina.ru
mail2.mil.ru
mailrelay.gazprom.ru
mailsrv-2.appl.sci-nnov.ru
md1.1obraz.ru
moskowpartners.ru
mx01.nicmail.ru
mx1.aoosk.ru
mx1.gazprombank.ru
mx2.gazprombank.ru
mx3.sibur.ru
mx5 .sibur.ru
mxs.mail.ru
rosebook.ru
shopper2019.ru

We are monitoring the situation closely and will keep you informed of any important developments.

What does that mean ?

Sending emails from your Mailfence account to services based in Russia will not work in most cases. However, all of our services remain accessible in Russia.

What can you do ?

If you cannot send an email from your Mailfence account to a recipient who uses a Russian-based email service, we suggest you do the following:

• Address a report to the corresponding email service provider for your recipient's email address. In most cases, this will be the domain part of your recipient's email address, for example foo @ example.com . You can simply submit your report by sending an email to their support team.
  • Address a complaint to MTS , Megafon , Rostelecom and other major Russian Internet service providers.

The information above will help you get your feedback to the right place. If enough people complain, Russian service providers and ISPs participating in the block may need to reconsider their approach.

If you are faced with any other kind of censorship, please help us pay special attention to it by sharing your experience with @OpenObservatory. To do this :

1. Install OONI Probe: https://ooni.org/install
  2. Open this Link
  3. Click on Run Results (see: https://explorer.ooni.org/search?domain=mailfence.com)

Mailfence servers blocked in Russia: this is not a first

This blockage orchestrated by the Russian government is not the first. Last year, the latter had already blocked our SMTP servers . This had been done as a result of bomb threats launched by the user of a Mailfence account. We reacted immediately, and took appropriate action against the account of the perpetrator, by permanently deactivating it. The blockade of 2019 had finally been lifted.

As we indicate in our terms of use, we do not allow any illegal use of our solutions. Mailfence is a Belgian company subject to Belgian law. Making bomb threats is a crime under Belgian law, and we have a zero tolerance policy for criminal acts committed using Mailfence. We always cooperate with the police authorities for all criminal cases , including those which take place outside Belgium, provided they are submitted to us through the Belgian judicial authorities. See our transparency report for more information on when we work with law enforcement agencies.

We do not believe that blocking Mailfence's SMTP servers is an appropriate, measured or effective measure. The real impact of such action is that law-abiding Russian residents are affected as it affects the use of their Mailfence account. This does little to prevent cybercriminals from using other email services and technologies to bypass the block.

The suites to wait

With this blog post, we are asking Russian service providers and ISPs who are participating in the blocking as well as the Russian government to reconsider their approach and unblock Mailfence's SMTP servers.

Mailfence is a secure and private e-mail service , which was designed and fights for user privacy, freedom of expression and technological development . We operate in full compliance with Belgian law and do everything in our power to bring the perpetrators to justice."

B

Сообщение было изменено Bellerophon: 16 Декабрь 2020 - 18:27

#3 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 17 Декабрь 2020 - 20:55

Hello,

Is this due to an "opportunistic" encryption of port 587? Too bad not to have more answer than that.

B.

#4 dmitrii.s

dmitrii.s

• Members
  • 112 Сообщений:

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 12:26

Hello Bellerophon.

Could you give some answers, please?

Did you install product from run package or from repository?
Could you check your versions of components (you should put in terminal: dpkg -l drweb-*) and after that, submit the output in your next post?
Also could you submit output from terminal:
drweb-ctl cfshow

Сообщение было изменено dmitrii.s: 18 Декабрь 2020 - 12:26

#5 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 12:30

Hello Bellerophon.

Could you give some answers, please?

Did you install product from run package or from repository?
Could you check your versions of components (you should put in terminal: dpkg -l drweb-*) and after that, submit the output in your next post?
Also could you submit output from terminal:
drweb-ctl cfshow

Hello,

I am not currently in front of the machine.

But I can already tell you that it is version 11.1 installed from DrWeb repositories.

I give you the other answers as soon as I am in front of my machine.

Thank you for your interest.

#6 dmitrii.s

dmitrii.s

• Members
  • 112 Сообщений:

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 12:45

Besides, did you configure your Dr.Web product following the documentation notes: https://download.geo.drweb.com/pub/drweb/unix/workstation/11.1/documentation/html/en/index.html?dw_8_gui_settings_network.htm?

Could you show screenshot after execution the third step from instructions:
"3) In the appeared window, specify the path to the Dr.Web certificate (by default, its file name is SpIDer Gate Trusted Root Certificate.pem) and click Open."?

#7 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 12:56

Besides, did you configure your Dr.Web product following the documentation notes: https://download.geo.drweb.com/pub/drweb/unix/workstation/11.1/documentation/html/en/index.html?dw_8_gui_settings_network.htm?

Could you show screenshot after execution the third step from instructions:
"3) In the appeared window, specify the path to the Dr.Web certificate (by default, its file name is SpIDer Gate Trusted Root Certificate.pem) and click Open."?

Even if I am not in front of the machine, I can tell you what I have already done as manipulations.

Thank you for the link :)

I am an "old" user of DrWeb, so I know the subtlety of the certificate :)

I have scrupulously respected the documentation.

Disabled Spidergate, solves / improves the situation.
But that cannot be an option, because I find myself without web protection.
Disabling the specific malware spam scan does nothing.
Exception also doesn't help Thunderbird.

I opened a support ticket but for the moment no evolution.
Ticket Y9F8-S4V5.

"Could you show screenshot after execution the third step from instructions:

I will give you the screenshot.

However, the import of the certificate goes smoothly.
It is really the collection of mail from mailfence.com that is the problem.
It is possible to open a free account and have a try if you wish.
Thank you again for your help.

B.

Сообщение было изменено Bellerophon: 18 Декабрь 2020 - 12:58

#8 Igorn

Igorn

Advanced Member

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 514 Сообщений:

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 14:28

opened a support ticket but for the moment no evolution.

I suggest that you continue to look for a solution to the problem there, so as not to repeat yourself

#9 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 15:27

opened a support ticket but for the moment no evolution.

I suggest that you continue to look for a solution to the problem there, so as not to repeat yourself

Hello Igorn,

Thanks for the suggestion.
But if I opened a post here, it is because I am not offered a solution there.

B.

#10 Igorn

Igorn

Advanced Member

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 514 Сообщений:

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 15:34

Don't worry, our team will try to reproduce your problem

#11 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 16:03

Don't worry, our team will try to reproduce your problem

Very simple, an Ubuntu 20.04, Thunderbird, and a free account opened at Mailfence.com ;)

Have a nice day.

#12 dmitrii.s

dmitrii.s

• Members
  • 112 Сообщений:

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 17:24

Hello Bellerophon.

Could you give me an answer, please? Do you use a subscription in Mailfence?

This question is connected with free account, because I can't use some settings (like IMAP, POP, SMTP) in free account :(

Прикрепленные файлы:

#13 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 18 Декабрь 2020 - 17:36

Hello Bellerophon.

Could you give me an answer, please? Do you use a subscription in Mailfence?

This question is connected with free account, because I can't use some settings (like IMAP, POP, SMTP) in free account :(

Accept my apologies.

I actually use a paid account.

I believed free accounts can also use IMAP / POP.

Sorry.

#14 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 26 Декабрь 2020 - 13:59

Hello,

Problem solved, I no longer use DrWeb.

B.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSL, SSL certificate

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых