What Is Going On With Dr Web?

• Please log in to reply
4 ответов в этой теме

#1 stratoc

stratoc

• Posters
  • 47 Сообщений:

Отправлено 20 Июль 2010 - 13:08

I still have 4 years of my license remaining, but this product seems to be getting worse by each release for my system. I just tried it again as i noticed there had been some component updates. I removed Microsoft security essentials and re booted. I downloaded 64 bit ss pro, noticed the installer had changed slightly, and installed, after the reboot and wading through the numerous firewall pop ups I had the following problems:
1) the firewall was showing as on in spider but windows security center, could still only see the antivirus and not the firewall.
2) I use firefox as default browser, each time I started it up, it asked if ok to install dr web link scanner. This never installed, just asked.
3) massive system impact, no heavy cpu use just massive bloaty program, in admin mode it has more processes and ram uses than my entire system, this is crazy.
4) The uninstaller leave loads behind, I didnt mess around a used a system image recovery

as a paid for product which is pretty much unusable this really sucks! this used to be light effective and ran in the background. Dr Web v6 is not a security solution, more like a full time job!
really not happy!

#2 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 20 Июль 2010 - 14:29

The only thing annoying me in Dr.Web performance is the speed of scanner.

Avast full scan is around 18 minutes on my system. Dr.Web full scan is around 1,5 hours.

After the full scan avast is even faster next time, Dr.Web is still 1,5 hours.

I just don't want to use the Dr.Web scanner anymore because my system is from 2005(single core, 1GB of memory)and I can't do anything else during that time.

#3 ezzo

ezzo

Guru

• Beta Testers
  • 4 203 Сообщений:

Отправлено 20 Июль 2010 - 17:10

stratoc
Contact to Dr.Web support center or

Отправленное изображение

Regards, ezzo.

#4 johne155

johne155

• Posters
  • 23 Сообщений:

Отправлено 21 Июль 2010 - 08:28

I agree you should contact support. I have absolutely no problem with Dr Web SS pro. I hate how people assume that it is Dr Web's fault when the truth lies in the users system as a third party software issue. There are countless people that have no issues and many that do have issues with Dr Web. Sorry about the rant.

#5 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 23 Июль 2010 - 12:16

Hello Guys,

1) the firewall was showing as on in spider but windows security center, could still only see the antivirus and not the firewall.

This is a known bug and will be fixed next major version update.

2) I use firefox as default browser, each time I started it up, it asked if ok to install dr web link scanner. This never installed, just asked.

Simple solution, just install this addon, you will need it later, then disable it at extension window in firefox, there wouldn't be a reminder popup.

3) massive system impact, no heavy cpu use just massive bloaty program, in admin mode it has more processes and ram uses than my entire system, this is crazy.

Can you send a process explorer log here?

4) The uninstaller leave loads behind, I didnt mess around a used a system image recovery

You may try out dr.web remover.

I wish you would be very happy soon :lol:

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых