• Please log in to reply
31 ответов в этой теме

#1 Hal9000

Hal9000

• Posters
  • 10 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 04:32

Hi,

The process "SpIDerAgent.exe" : after 12 hours, it take about 14Mo. After more than 24 hours, the size exceeds 25MB.
This is not very important, but do you have noticed this?

Dr.Web v5 - spideragent.exe (5.0.1.02160)

Thanks.

#2 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 14:42

SpiderAgent.exe also uses more CPU than dwengine.exe according to task manager. spiderui.exe and spidernt.exe don't use CPU at all.

After about 4 hours of using the computer, dwengine.exe has used 00:00:06 in CPU time and SpiderAgent.exe 00:00:09. Ofcourse this is not much but it is weird that some agent process uses more cpu than the engine?

#3 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 19:27

Yes, my SpiderAgent after 8 hours is over 10mb and is slowly increasing.

#4 ArD

ArD

• Posters
  • 102 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 19:52

SpiderAgent.exe also uses more CPU than dwengine.exe according to task manager. spiderui.exe and spidernt.exe don't use CPU at all.

It's possible. SpiderAgent tracks status of the antivirus components and displays notifications on the status bar. So it'll take some CPU time (a very small part of it) to query all components and display notifications if something has happened.

After about 4 hours of using the computer, dwengine.exe has used 00:00:06 in CPU time and SpiderAgent.exe 00:00:09. Ofcourse this is not much but it is weird that some agent process uses more cpu than the engine?

There is nothing weird in this data. Dwengine.exe is currently used only by SpiderGate and SpiderMail components, so if you don't surf Internet a lot, or don't receive a lot of mail that counter will stay low, so there is nothing to worry about. http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png
SpiderGuard works in the other way, so the only way to notice it's activity with task manager is to look at the "System" process.
Btw, dwengine is fast and sleek by it's nature so it won't take a lot of CPU time.

wbr

#5 userr

userr

• Members
  • 16 310 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 19:55

There is nothing weird in this data. Dwengine.exe currently is only used by SpiderGate and SpiderMail components

only SpiderGate by now.

#6 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 20:20

Then why do I have it running and using CPU if I have only AV installed without the SpiderMail? Does this mean that I have HTTP-scanning enabled but hidden from me because I don't use Security Space?

#7 ArD

ArD

• Posters
  • 102 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 20:28

Then why do I have it if I have only AV installed without the SpiderMail?

Yep, I'm curious too. If it's not used by SpiderMail then why it is installed with Dr.Web Ativirus for Windows? http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png

#8 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 20:45

I disabled the self-protection and killed dwengine.exe from task manager. Downloaded the eicar test file and it was detected and deleted as usual. Scanner also works normally without this dwengine.exe

What does this mean? Do I have some unneeded component running because I have the AV only?

#9 userr

userr

• Members
  • 16 310 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 20:47

Then why do I have it running and using CPU if I have only AV installed without the SpiderMail?

Erm, drweb uses dwengine for some innermost activity http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png. It almost doesnt use CPU, as you noticed by yourself :lol:. Drweb modules will use all the power of dwengine in the nearest future.

Does this mean that I have HTTP-scanning enabled but hidden from me because I don't use Security Space?

No, it doesnt.

#10 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 20:50

Everything is OK then, thank you for the informative reply. http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

#11 ArD

ArD

• Posters
  • 102 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 21:04

I disabled the self-protection and killed dwengine.exe from task manager. Downloaded the eicar test file and it was detected and deleted as usual. Scanner also works normally without this dwengine.exe

What does this mean? Do I have some unneeded component running because I have the AV only?

As I wrote earlier SpiderGuard (real-time or on-the-fly scanner) doesn't use dwengine nor does Dr.Web Scanner. So this test isn't adequate in this case.

You can try this steps - disable self-protection then set dwengine service startup type to manual and restart your computer. After reboot you can notice that SpiderMail has failed to stat.
So I guess SpiderMail is using dwengine if it fails to start when dwengine is disabled....

P.S. Don't forget to set dwengine startup type back to automatic after that... http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

#12 ArD

ArD

• Posters
  • 102 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 21:10

Erm, drweb uses dwengine for some innermost activity http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png. It almost doesnt use CPU, as you noticed by yourself :lol:. Drweb modules will use all the power of dwengine in the nearest future.

Got it. Thanks. :lol:

#13 userr

userr

• Members
  • 16 310 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 21:30

You can try this steps - disable self-protection then set dwengine service startup type to manual and restart your computer. After reboot you can notice that SpiderMail has failed to stat.

It's simply wrong. Try it yourself before write here. SpiderMail will start OK. Check spiderml.log .

#14 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 21:51

Dr.Web's Agent will not work without Scan Engine. And License Manager will not too.
С уважением,
Борис А. Чертенко aka Borka.

#15 ArD

ArD

• Posters
  • 102 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 22:22

It's simply wrong. Try it yourself before write here. SpiderMail will start OK. Check spiderml.log .

Sorry, my fault.
I've tried it on a virtual machine before I've post that message. I've followed the steps as I described them. However due to some lags at OS loading on a virtual machine, or to some other things that don't worth investigation, SpiderMail have started long after the system startup and miniagent showed that SpiderMail failed to start for quite long. I didn't check the logs, of course, http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png but still was confused with the result.
After reading your post I've double checked this, and I can confirm that SpiderMail starts disregarding the state of dwengine service.
Damned laggy VM! :lol:
Will try to wait more next time for things to settle.
Sorry again.

#16 ArD

ArD

• Posters
  • 102 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 22:27

Dr.Web's Agent will not work without Scan Engine. And License Manager will not too.

Boris, it's strange but agent seems to work without dwengine. The only thing that is unavailable is the last update time and a number of virus records. And license manager is not working - you're right.

#17 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 22:32

Back to the original point, SpiderAgent memory usage seems to increase over time. It starts at around 3-4mb for me and is over 10mb after ~7-8 hours.

#18 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Март 2009 - 22:34

Back to the original point, SpiderAgent memory usage seems to increase over time. It starts at around 3-4mb for me and is over 10mb after ~7-8 hours.

let's know how much it'll be after 2 or 3 days

#19 Hal9000

Hal9000

• Posters
  • 10 Сообщений:

Отправлено 18 Март 2009 - 01:17

let's know how much it'll be after 2 or 3 days

Hi Eugeny,

Since 3/16/2009 10:20 AM (GMT +1) SpIDerAgent.exe -> 31 016K
(On Windows XP SP3.)
and continues to grow, slowly.
I will post the new result tomorrow (computer running without interruption)

#20 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 18 Март 2009 - 11:00

Hal9000

thanx a lot!

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых