Still Dr.web Vdb Failed / Ntfs Errors

• Please log in to reply
46 ответов в этой теме

#1 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 29 Декабрь 2009 - 23:59

Is there anything I can do about the error in screenshot? I've made a topic about this before, but the problem is still here. I thought it was fixed but it seems that I still get that when starting the scanner. Sometimes I do get the ntfs errors and my files are getting "corrupted" according to windows. Using not_drop_shield works for the ntfs errors. Updating virus bases fixes the error, but it re-appears.

Anything I can do?

Прикрепленные файлы:

#2 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 00:04

Did you run chkdsk ?
С уважением,
Борис А. Чертенко aka Borka.

#3 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 00:14

Windows will automatically run it when the ntfs error appears. I have used chkdsk and "automatically fix file system errors" + "scan for and attempt to recovery bad sectors". After this it will work for some time, but the problem comes back.

#4 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 00:19

Windows will automatically run it when the ntfs error appears. I have used chkdsk and "automatically fix file system errors" + "scan for and attempt to recovery bad sectors". After this it will work for some time, but the problem comes back.

It's bad. :( Check hdd surface with MHDD for example. Seems hdd is not good...
С уважением,

#5 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 00:19

I do have information from DwProt in my Eventlog, with EventID: 1 and EventID: 2. I don't know if this is related to my problem or normal activity.

#6 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 00:27

I do have information from DwProt in my Eventlog, with EventID: 1 and EventID: 2. I don't know if this is related to my problem or normal activity.

It's normal. "1" == Doctor Web self protection enabled and "2" == Doctor Web self protection disabled.
С уважением,

#7 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 00:34

Attached the chkdsk log from C: partition.

This was the error: Application popup: Windows - Corrupt File : The file or directory C:\programs\Mozilla Firefox\chrome\reporter.manifest is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.

It can happen on any file.

Прикрепленные файлы:

• Прикрепленный файл  chkdsk.txt   4,68К   102 Скачано раз

#8 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 00:42

Seems your hdd needs to be replaced...
С уважением,

#9 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 05:21

I ran the samsung diagnostic utility and my hd passed every test. After this I reformatted every partition and reinstalled everything. I have used the quick format before, but this time I did it with the slower format to see if it has any effect.

#10 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 14:01

I ran the samsung diagnostic utility and my hd passed every test. After this I reformatted every partition and reinstalled everything. I have used the quick format before, but this time I did it with the slower format to see if it has any effect.

Format do not format anything just verifying surface readability...
С уважением,

#11 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 16:18

I made a bootable disk with Samsung diagnostics utility, rebooted from it and did the analysis. Here are the results:

Read DMA - Passed
Check S.M.A.R.T - Passed
Spin up/down - Passed
Simple surface scan - Passed
Write verify - Passed
Random surface scan - Passed
Read surface scan - Passed
Ram verify test- Passed
Multiple read test - Passed

"Your disk contains no errors!" it said. I don't think the HD is broken.

I really like Dr.Web, but I can't keep it if I have to use special commands to make a full scan, or have to use updater to fix virus databases when I start the scanner.

Hopefully this problem doesn't come back. I'm now having Dr.Web with default settings and just started the scanner with no vdb errors and running a complete scan with no ntfs errors yet.

I used to have Dr.Web scanner to not make any startup scans(teststartup/testmemory)when starting it. Could this cause some problem with the anti-rootkit which might explain my errors? This time I made everything with default settings, let it scan memory and startup before selecting complete scan. I noticed it was somehow slower with my system32/drivers/*.sys files, scanning each slowly one by one. It had not done this before.

Anyway: thank you Borka for the help :(

#12 Borka

Borka

Забанен за флуд

• Members
  • 19 512 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 16:27

Hopefully this problem doesn't come back.

We'll hope so. :(

I used to have Dr.Web scanner to not make any startup scans(teststartup/testmemory)when starting it. Could this cause some problem with the anti-rootkit which might explain my errors?

I did not understand. :( What errors do you talking about? :(

I noticed it was somehow slower with my system32/drivers/*.sys files, scanning each slowly one by one.

Yes. Now it's by design but will be faster later.

Anyway: thank you Borka for the help :(

"Always welcome" © :(
С уважением,

#13 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Декабрь 2009 - 16:32

" I did not understand. What errors do you talking about? "

Problems:

1. VDB failed error
2. NTFS corrupted files error

Solutions:

1. Unresolved
2. Using Not_Drop_Shield command with the scanner.

Cause:

No idea. I just made a guess if it could be some weird error with scanner/anti-rootkit because I had TestStartup=No and TestMemory=No in scanner settings at drweb32.ini. I was just thinking "what am i doing differently compared to others", but now using just default settings to see how it works.

#14 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Январь 2010 - 16:32

.. The errors came back. I started the scanner and got vdb error like in the picture.

I will wait for the new update to x86 version if it happens to fix this. Otherwise there is probably nothing I can do since all devices are working, the OS is properly installed and no malware exists in my system.

#15 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 07 Январь 2010 - 00:32

Need to ask one more question regarding this ..

In windows event viewer under application events I can see Dr.Web Engine reporting event 146, which is "Shiled Lite has NOT been loaded". SPIDERNT gives event 13 but there's no description. These events appear immediately after reboot.

Is this normal activity?

#16 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 07 Январь 2010 - 00:37

Need to ask one more question regarding this ..

In windows event viewer under application events I can see Dr.Web Engine reporting event 146, which is "Shiled Lite has NOT been loaded". SPIDERNT gives event 13 but there's no description. These events appear immediately after reboot.

Is this normal activity?

the first message is OK.

#17 pig

pig

Бредогенератор

• Helpers
  • 10 856 Сообщений:

Отправлено 07 Январь 2010 - 00:55

The second one means OK too.
Почтовый сервер Eserv тоже работает с Dr.Web

#18 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 16 Январь 2010 - 00:21

Is there anything I can do about the vdb failed error?

#19 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 17 Январь 2010 - 22:57

I tried the new beta but had the same vdb error. This time appeared 2 codes in system eventlog for DwEngine, 4008 and 5020.

4008 came first but there is no description, for 5020 there is also no description but a text "The following information is part of the event: D:\Program Files\Common Files\Doctor Web\Scanning Engine\dwsewsc.exe; -silent -register; 5."

#20 sr

sr

• Posters
  • 28 Сообщений:

Отправлено 19 Январь 2010 - 23:18

I made a bootable disk with Samsung diagnostics utility, rebooted from it and did the analysis. Here are the results:

Read DMA - Passed
Check S.M.A.R.T - Passed
Spin up/down - Passed
Simple surface scan - Passed
Write verify - Passed
Random surface scan - Passed
Read surface scan - Passed
Ram verify test- Passed
Multiple read test - Passed

Hi risl, can you check your disk S.M.A.R.T. values with other software like HDD health from http://www.panterasoft.com/download/hddh2.exe and show here results to confirm that disk no failing?
ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых