Really happy Dr Web supports linux.

• Please log in to reply
4 ответов в этой теме

#1 Linux4Penguins

Linux4Penguins

• Posters
  • 6 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Сентябрь 2020 - 19:38

I researched allot to find the best professional security solution for linux. I had actually purchased nod32 but found out after they are discontinuing their linux product, so any problems you have they won't fix (like it doesn't work with apparmor).

Luckily I found a post of someone else that said Dr. Web still supports linux well.

Keep up the good work!

Сообщение было изменено Linux4Penguins: 06 Сентябрь 2020 - 19:41

#2 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 07 Сентябрь 2020 - 06:30

DrWeb is one of the few publishers to offer a Linux solution for the general public.
Regarding Nod32, the Linux version has not really been followed for a long time.
Regarding the support, it is really efficient and relevant.
This is also one of the major strengths of the product.
There is not too much delay as with some, for bug correction.
The difference with other products is that drweb is less commercially exposed.

Сообщение было изменено Bellerophon: 07 Сентябрь 2020 - 06:30

#3 Jovonne

Jovonne

• Posters
  • 6 Сообщений:

Отправлено 31 Август 2021 - 18:00

Same story here. I signed up with ESET Nod32 on my Linux machine as a test run to possibly using ESET on my other devices as well. About two weeks later, I received their announcement that they were discontinuing the Linux product. I was quite upset because I had just purchased a subscription, and the subscriptions for my other devices (with another provider) were running out. The point is that I have several devices, and they range from Linux, Windows, and Android. I really needed a provider that could cover all three platforms in an equally serious manner. I tried out eScan prior to coming to Dr. Web. They have an okay product for the Linux desktop, but their products for Windows and Android have quality issues. Other companies support Windows and Android, but don't support Linux. After much research, I put Dr. Web to the test and was very pleased with the quality of the product on all three platforms. The version for each platform seems to be given the same high level of attention, which is most impressive. Finally, the Dr. Web subscription service, with central server protection, is also a superior value. With this model, it's easy to add or discontinue a subscription for any machine at any time. This makes it incredibly convenient when upgrading to a new operating system, changing devices, or even just changing Linux distributions. I can stop or start subscriptions for any of my devices at my Dr. Web account web page. And did I mention Dr. Web covers all platforms? I'm definitely a fan of the Dr. Web product!

Сообщение было изменено Jovonne: 31 Август 2021 - 18:02

#4 Guest_Bellerophon_*

Guest_Bellerophon_*
  • Guests

Отправлено 31 Август 2021 - 18:10

Hello,

Yes, DrWeb leaves the freedom to these users to choose their operating system. It is an undeniable asset !! This is also one of the reasons why I also use DrWeb.

- Multiplatform
- Quality and efficient support.
- Software with development quality.

Сообщение было изменено Bellerophon: 31 Август 2021 - 18:11

#5 Jovonne

Jovonne

• Posters
  • 6 Сообщений:

Отправлено 31 Август 2021 - 23:58

Hello,

Yes, DrWeb leaves the freedom to these users to choose their operating system. It is an undeniable asset !! This is also one of the reasons why I also use DrWeb.

- Multiplatform
- Quality and efficient support.
- Software with development quality.

Indeed!  Dr. Web is a truly superior product.

Long live Dr. Web!   :)

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых