Random Rant To Dr.web

• Please log in to reply
34 ответов в этой теме

#21 Badcompany

Badcompany

• Posters
  • 60 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 23:45

I've been trialing G Data 2010 IS for the last ten days, and I must say it is very nice program.It is as light as drweb even though it as two AV engines Avast & Bitfefender.It as a very clear GUI and it as ( Quarantine.)Also, the spam module is excellent.G Data now as it's own firewall which passes Shields-up and the seven tests at PC Flank.
Badcompany.
Windows 7 Home Premium.
Dr Web Security Space.
SAS Pro
WinPatrol.

#22 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 23:52

I've been trialing G Data 2010 IS for the last ten days, and I must say it is very nice program.It is as light as drweb even though it as two AV engines Avast & Bitfefender.It as a very clear GUI and it as ( Quarantine.)Also, the spam module is excellent.G Data now as it's own firewall which passes Shields-up and the seven tests at PC Flank.
Badcompany.

i think its just a matter of wanting to try something else, we all get like that.

we all get bored easily, a year with one company, a year with another, back to the start.

same with me to be honest, i like installing new things all the time,

im even tempted to buy a new high-end pc, (Dont need one) but its a matter of change and trying new things. lol

especially when my last 3 machines have all been laptops. :)

boys toys....

#23 malcontent70

malcontent70

• Posters
  • 34 Сообщений:

Отправлено 23 Июнь 2009 - 01:28

i think its just a matter of wanting to try something else, we all get like that.

we all get bored easily, a year with one company, a year with another, back to the start.

same with me to be honest, i like installing new things all the time,

im even tempted to buy a new high-end pc, (Dont need one) but its a matter of change and trying new things. lol

especially when my last 3 machines have all been laptops. :)

boys toys....

For myself, I'm 99.9% sure that I'm going to be switching to another anti-virus this time. Dr. Web's slow development and no hint when/if a quarantine and GUI will be coming, is the last straw. When Avast 5 beta comes out later this year, and Avira's Pro-Active module is released (it's going to be available for the free version also) and Microsoft Essentials comes out of BETA, there is going to be quite a few options to choose from. Free options.

#24 Nomad Soul

Nomad Soul

• Posters
  • 41 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 11:49

Just my thoughts)

In my opinion quarantine is the only missed feature (x64 support is important too but not for me) but I don't really think it's the reason to change AV.
95% of all AV tests means absolutly nothing another 5% - a little, because of uncontrolable number of junk files in "wild viruses" collection.

#25 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 13:09

In my opinion quarantine is the only missed feature (x64 support is important too but not for me) but I don't really think it's the reason to change AV.
95% of all AV tests means absolutly nothing another 5% - a little, because of uncontrolable number of junk files in "wild viruses" collection.

Yes, quarantine is very important for handling suspicious files, submitting them. It's also useful if you think there is a false positive. This feature is fully included in the mac version but not for us, win users.

#26 Badcompany

Badcompany

• Posters
  • 60 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 14:31

Can someone from Drweb inform us when Quarantine will be added to version 5,( I very much doubt it.) With this attitude from drweb I get the impression they don't want us to re-new are licenses.
Badcompany.
Windows 7 Home Premium.
Dr Web Security Space.
SAS Pro
WinPatrol.

#27 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 14:52

Can someone from Drweb inform us when Quarantine will be added to version 5,( I very much doubt it.) With this attitude from drweb I get the impression they don't want us to re-new are licenses.
Badcompany.

It's selective ignoring. We get no proper answers in "negative" topics except bug reports. Maybe they just think we are bunch of complainers and they don't need to explain anything for us.

This is not complaining. It's a demand for features that already have existed in other antiviruses for many years.

#28 malcontent70

malcontent70

• Posters
  • 34 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 15:31

I've already switched to another Anti-virus software and I'm not looking back. The silence from Dr. Web was deafening.

Microsoft Security Essentials has been running fantastic on my computer. And it's free.

#29 Nomad Soul

Nomad Soul

• Posters
  • 41 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 17:28

Yes, quarantine is very important for handling suspicious files, submitting them. It's also useful if you think there is a false positive. This feature is fully included in the mac version but not for us, win users.

And GUI too. May be antivirus for win have not quarantine, because of desire to prevent vulnerabilities that could breake the defence. Its very naive opinion but I havn't others)

#30 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 17:56

Can someone from Drweb inform us when Quarantine will be added to version 5

sure! coming soon

#31 sr

sr

• Posters
  • 28 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 18:23

drweb exists since 1992 without quarantine and now is 2009, so I'm sure that "coming soon" translated for people outside drweb world is "maybe next year" or in worst case is by that means space time and our generation will not have quarantine :angry:
ESET NOD32 Antivirus

#32 Badcompany

Badcompany

• Posters
  • 60 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Июль 2009 - 21:57

sure! coming soon

Hi Eugeny,
Thank you for the reply, What do you mean by ( Coming Soon.) Do you mean: Weeks./ Months./ or Years.
Badcompany.
Windows 7 Home Premium.
Dr Web Security Space.
SAS Pro
WinPatrol.

#33 Badcompany

Badcompany

• Posters
  • 60 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Июль 2009 - 12:34

sure! coming soon

Hi Eugeny,
Thank you for the reply, What do you mean by ( Coming Soon.) Do you mean: Weeks./ Months./ or Years.
Badcompany.

Still no reply.This is very unusual for Drweb. Normally they are very good at keeping there customers informed.
Badcompany.
Windows 7 Home Premium.
Dr Web Security Space.
SAS Pro
WinPatrol.

#34 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Июль 2009 - 13:10

this fall

#35 Aadon

Aadon

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 29 Октябрь 2009 - 08:36

I don't see that changing anytime soon..I will wait for it..Hope this will get earlier.

Regards

Aadon

_____

dossier surendettement

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых