Random Rant To Dr.web

• Please log in to reply
34 ответов в этой теме

#1 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Июнь 2009 - 15:50

ok, now its time for my rant,, their frequent kick up the backside!

where is the proper quarantine Drweb? (this is basic stuff, that is included even in rogue apps!!)

how many years have we waited for a quarantine?

im finding it hard to even calculate how drweb could not have put a proper quarantine in their product, and still.... after years, still not done it.

the gui too?
the firewall implementation?
& still waiting for a scanner that can scan my machine before i fall asleep

geez, its June now and these things were due ages ago, its now past several \'expected dates\'

i say, quit putting \'more\' resources into just AV-DESK and get the features into the windows anti-virus that should be there, at least the ones that are with any basic antivirus, and drweb is not supposed to be basic, but its lacking features that are evident in such crap basic products.

the windows product was the main product for drweb, now i dont believe it is.
the news pages are filled with ISP\'s from other countrys getting AV-DESK,

in my country, drweb is unknown... completely, maybe the Russians ask for different things than what i want?

im under no illusion that Russian requests and Russian Support is better for fellow Russians, Ive seen this case for many other vendors and do not blame Drweb for this

it used to be, a customer for drweb was not just a statistic,

is it a staff issue?
money issue?

I dont think my words are unreasonable, its just the basic things that drweb should already have

Today i heard about people speaking about me once again, \"geez, am i that popular?\"

i certainly dont ass-kiss Drweb as some people would suggest im sure, and have not always been happy with them, i just try to get the best for us all

anyway, rant over.

get to work.

these are parts of the popular thread for what people wanted the most..... :)

#2 malcontent70

malcontent70

• Posters
  • 34 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Июнь 2009 - 17:11

I agree. Development has been to slow for Dr. Web. It's obvious that a great deal resources are being use to develop AV-DESK. As a result development for Dr. Web for Windows has suffered. I understand from a business point of view that AV-DESK is what is making the most money for Dr. Web. Without money, a business couldn't survive.

But, as Chris has mentioned, where is the quarantine? Something as simple as that should have been implemented a LONG time ago. Small/easy things that would improve user experience and usability.

#3 sr

sr

• Posters
  • 28 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Июнь 2009 - 22:30

ok, post deleted :)
ESET NOD32 Antivirus

#4 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Июнь 2009 - 23:18

Hi Chris, you can always install real av like eset nod 32 antivirus and use it with this drweb virus finding utility. From drweb modules install only scanner, which you can run anytime as on demand scanner, all other protection and expected av functionality will be handled by nod 32. Drweb staff lied many times, you can't trust them, demo and screenshot from new drweb gui presented year ago by you at wilders was created especially for you. There will not be gui and quarantine, they are very busy with making current modules compatible with windows 7 and creating 64bits version. 64bits version is their first, so I'm sure that will be full of bugs that consumes all available developers time.

Try other av, and use drweb only as secondary scanner.

Hi SR,

I Certainly wont be removing Dr.Web, as for the GUI i did present myself, it was not created for me, i was infact using the Alpha and i took those screenshots personally, it was not sent to me.

there will be a new GUI, sadly it will not be the one i tried and tested over a year ago, which is a really big shame!.

for what ive seen of it, it does not look good to my taste, and im hoping the creators of the GUI will improve it dramatically.

Any NEW information or screenshots i get, will of course, no longer be posted on the forum in question, (at least not exclusively) as apparently im a naughty boy who is banned. lol :)

as for the quarantine, im still waiting for some information to be posted to me about this. :)

64bit versions and windows7 versions are needed, these must be given attention too,

hopefully...... without ignoring its current windows products.

Ive tried many AV's and tested all of them with infected machines, and i stand by my choice :)

it seems Malcontent fixed my only major query for some important documents on my laptop, case closed now for that matter. :)

----
chris

#5 userr

userr

• Members
  • 16 310 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Июнь 2009 - 20:23

sr
Watch your tongue, please.
And read the Forum Terms & Conditions.

• Advertising in 'any form' is prohibited;
• Any groundless accusation or discrimination of any kind including inappropriate statements referring to Doctor Web, Ltd. or Forum participants, will be censored immediately;

Such words as lied are unacceptable.

Official warning.
Moderator.

#6 userr

userr

• Members
  • 16 310 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Июнь 2009 - 20:42

how many years have we waited for a quarantine?
im finding it hard to even calculate how drweb could not have put a proper quarantine in their product, and still.... after years, still not done it.

I have to agree with you, a quarantine is must have feature and we need it badly. :)

#7 sr

sr

• Posters
  • 28 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Июнь 2009 - 22:27

Hi userr, I reconsidered my post and deleted it.

off topic:
btw. rule "• Advertising in 'any form' is prohibited;" is interesting because Cureit advertising to buy Drweb, so in fact cureit is adware :)
ESET NOD32 Antivirus

#8 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Июнь 2009 - 22:38

Hi userr, I reconsidered my post and deleted it.

off topic:
btw. rule "• Advertising in 'any form' is prohibited;" is interesting because Cureit advertising to buy Drweb, so in fact cureit is adware :)

Cureit is a Dr.Web product and can be happily mentioned here on Dr.Web's own forum.

anyway, Back on topic please guys :)

feel free to comment on my rant, or even add things to it in your replies :)

however, bashing and plain trolling will be edited and removed without warning.

#9 sr

sr

• Posters
  • 28 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Июнь 2009 - 22:55

Hi Chris, I agree with your post and I hope you will get some relevant answers. Needed improvements in drweb was presented many times...
ESET NOD32 Antivirus

#10 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Июнь 2009 - 23:08

Hi Chris, I agree with your post and I hope you will get some relevant answers. Needed improvements in drweb was presented many times...

im waiting for the staff to enter the thread,

are they avoiding it? :)

lol :)

also, Igor never enters the English part of the forum, yet he speaks the language :)

#11 Badcompany

Badcompany

• Posters
  • 60 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 17:58

Hello Forum,
I think we will all have died before we see version 5 completed, Quarantine & New GUI. :)
Badcompany.
Windows 7 Home Premium.
Dr Web Security Space.
SAS Pro
WinPatrol.

#12 fallnout

fallnout

• Posters
  • 39 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 19:58

Hello Forum,
I think we will all have died before we see version 5 completed, Quarantine & New GUI. :)
Badcompany.

That maybe true.

However, I argee with Chris and join him in asking DR Web for the following:
-GUI
-Quarantine
-Functionality with 64bit OS

As soon as Windows 7 is available (not in beta), all my home PC's will be converted to 64bit.

C'Mon Dr Web, give us some possibilities (notice I did not ask for timelines)

Cheers :)

#13 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 20:26

64bit issue was already answered in some other thread. The slowdown is caused by some sophisticated Dr.Web driver that they have to completely rewrite for x64.

.. but the GUI and quarantine shouldn't be too hard

#14 Badcompany

Badcompany

• Posters
  • 60 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 20:44

.. but the GUI and quarantine shouldn't be too hard

Hi risl,
That is a little mellow ( but the GUI and quarantine shouldn't be too hard.) We have been waiting for year's for this to happen. I feel like I'm paying for a full program and receiving half. I don't know of a other vendor who treats there customers like this.
Badcompany.
Windows 7 Home Premium.
Dr Web Security Space.
SAS Pro
WinPatrol.

#15 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 21:21

Yes, I originally bought my first license for 2 years when the 4.44 was released because I thought it would be something different but it wasn't. I thought that I could support good software. Then I did the same again when v5 was released, another 2 years but still nothing special.

The program has not let me down, it's still staying there in the background and I've not been infected. But basically I've got "nothing for the money" that would made me renew it for a third time. There are free alternatives like avast that have a quarantine, better gui, x64 support and better detection according to tests.

I don't know how to explain the feeling, it's not disappointment because I've not been infected and the program is very troublefree. Maybe it's a mixture of uncomfortable and unsatisfied.

#16 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 22:26

Yes, I originally bought my first license for 2 years when the 4.44 was released because I thought it would be something different but it wasn't. I thought that I could support good software. Then I did the same again when v5 was released, another 2 years but still nothing special.

The program has not let me down, it's still staying there in the background and I've not been infected. But basically I've got "nothing for the money" that would made me renew it for a third time. There are free alternatives like avast that have a quarantine, better gui, x64 support and better detection according to tests.

I don't know how to explain the feeling, it's not disappointment because I've not been infected and the program is very troublefree. Maybe it's a mixture of uncomfortable and unsatisfied.

i think the future for alot of people will be no antivirus at all,

products like Prevx along with Defensewall/Geswall or probably even comodo IS with its D+ are looking more like the future for everyone, :)

products like Geswall and Defesewall really are the future most likely, as close to 100% detection, no False Alarms and little/none pop ups, no Antivirus can compare with this security.

i think antivirus as a brand, is outdated for every company.

#17 malcontent70

malcontent70

• Posters
  • 34 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 22:40

Chris and I have said it before, Dr. Web is using a lot of resources to develop and market AV Desktop. Their corporate version of Dr. Web. It seems like they announce everyday another ISP, government, business, buying AV Desktop. With resources being used to develop AV Desktop, Dr. Web for Windows isn't being worked on as much. I don't see that changing anytime soon. When my Dr. Web license expires in 5 months, I'm considering using another anti-virus. I'm trialing other anti virus software now. I'm currently trialing Norton 2009. I'm very impressed with Norton 2009. It's light and runs very smooth on my computer. The pulse updates are fast and frequent. The GUI is fantastic. It scores well on detection tests. It's been running just as well as Dr. Web has on my computer. I can get a license for Norton 2009 very cheap on Ebay. But I'm still exploring my options. Like I said, I have 5 months to decide to renew Dr. Web or not. I see many other anti-virus software grow and develop more features and options. Many improve greatly year to year. Yet, Dr. Web is very slow to do the same.

#18 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 22:42

The strength of an AV is that it doesn't let the user make decisions if the file is malicious or not. This is always the case with HIPS, sandboxes etc. AV is capable of saying things if they are something or not without the user actually executing the malware. It's not even near 100% accurate, we all know that but still people use antiviruses(virustotal)to check if a file is clean or not.

But back to the topic: the fact that there are other more secure solutions than an AV is not a reason for drw not to add those features that we've been missing and hoping to get for a very long time.

#19 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 22:54

Chris and I have said it before, Dr. Web is using a lot of resources to develop and market AV Desktop. Their corporate version of Dr. Web. It seems like they announce everyday another ISP, government, business, buying AV Desktop. With resources being used to develop AV Desktop, Dr. Web for Windows isn't being worked on as much. I don't see that changing anytime soon. When my Dr. Web license expires in 5 months, I'm considering using another anti-virus. I'm trialing other anti virus software now. I'm currently trialing Norton 2009. I'm very impressed with Norton 2009. It's light and runs very smooth on my computer. The pulse updates are fast and frequent. The GUI is fantastic. It scores well on detection tests. It's been running just as well as Dr. Web has on my computer. I can get a license for Norton 2009 very cheap on Ebay. But I'm still exploring my options. Like I said, I have 5 months to decide to renew Dr. Web or not. I see many other anti-virus software grow and develop more features and options. Many improve greatly year to year. Yet, Dr. Web is very slow to do the same.

I've been thinking avast free. It has always worked well when I previously used it and currently have it on my laptop. The cost is 0€ per year, there are no clear weaknesses and scores better in tests than Dr.Web. I can't simply find any reason why I should pay for an AV anymore, particularly Dr.Web.

#20 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 22 Июнь 2009 - 23:02

I have no idea if there are similar threads in the Russian section but I wonder if the staff thinks us non-Russians are just huge complainers. Everyone "crying" and "making demands" .. perhaps because we are used to get something against our money? :)

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых