Usb Boot, Cannot Find Cd...

• Please log in to reply
17 ответов в этой теме

#1 Robertokappa

Robertokappa

• Posters
  • 8 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Январь 2010 - 16:55

Hi everybody, it seems that nobady else has get the same problem of mine..
I tried to start DRWEB live from an usb drive but when loading kernel i get this error message:

CANNOT FIND CD...

OK,

1 - On my netbook MSI X320 i don't have any cd drive, why it search for it??

2 - From the booting menu i choose DRWEB LIVE USB, so i think it should start everythings from the USB drive, so why it still looking for the cd??

I tried to create the usb live with the utility from the desktop starting from the live cd in another pc, then i tried also with UNETBOOTIN, but nothing has changed.

Please help me.

#2 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Январь 2010 - 17:04

Try to choose in BIOS loading with USB the store

#3 Robertokappa

Robertokappa

• Posters
  • 8 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Январь 2010 - 18:56

That's is what i always done.

I start booting from the USB Drive, the DRWEB Menu show me the USB Live version option, but it doesn't work...

Any other suggest[ sensored ]

#4 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Январь 2010 - 19:16

Hello,

I have netbook too, when i setup bios to boot from usb, it doesn't boot but when i choose to boot from menu, it boots, succesfully. Let me try LiveCD for you, then i will post my experience.

Added:

There was no problem, simply i choose boot device while booting not from bios, i use escape key to choose device, you may do it same way.

#5 Robertokappa

Robertokappa

• Posters
  • 8 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Январь 2010 - 12:38

Hi,
but how did you make the usb version???
Did you start it from the live cd or you made a usb drive by the tools?
Let me know all the procedure that you use. please.
thanks.
I turn on the PC, then press F11 for the BOOT MENU, then choose USB.....so the DR WEB menu is show, then choose usb live....but i got the error anyway....

#6 Robertokappa

Robertokappa

• Posters
  • 8 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Январь 2010 - 13:07

Hi,
thanks.
I turn on the PC, then press F11 for the BOOT MENU, then choose USB.....so the DR WEB menu is show, then choose usb live....but i got the error anyway....

Maybe the error can be found in the script:

label Dr.Web LiveUSB (Default)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz
append root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc init_opts=4 quiet dokeymap looptype=squashfs loop=/boot/module/white.mo usbroot slowusb initrd=/boot/initrd vga=791 splash=silent,theme:drweb CONSOLE=/dev/tty1

Anybody know the parameter for disable the CDROM search??

SORRY MAYBE THERE WAS A MISSUNDERSTOOD....

The magic error "CANNOT FIND CD", is show when after booting the kernel DRWEB LIVE USB, it starts to load all the modules but after any of them it fault and the error is show..
It wasn't bacause i don't know how to load from usb, but after its booting operation..

AnY IdEa NoW[ sensored ]??

Here the screen...Отправленное изображение

#7 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Январь 2010 - 19:56

Maybe your image file is corrupted. Please redownload it with different browser or download manager!

#8 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Январь 2010 - 20:03

Or to check up the MD5
Look here ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/livecd/ (md5sum)

#9 Robertokappa

Robertokappa

• Posters
  • 8 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Январь 2010 - 20:43

HI again,
i check the MD5 and its correct, i tried to download with differt browser and nothing has change.
Why if i start the live edition by CD it starts right, and on its desktop i found the utility to making it LIVE By USB DRIVE and it doen't work for me???
I think that who made the distro has tested this option and found it work fine, so why it should not be so for me???

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

if you need other info for let you better understand let me know.

#10 userr

userr

• Members
  • 16 310 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Январь 2010 - 20:48

Robertokappa
Hi!

On my netbook MSI X320...

first of all, what's your problem? Your netbook won't boot normally? You suspect there is a virus problem?

#11 Robertokappa

Robertokappa

• Posters
  • 8 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Январь 2010 - 00:27

No,
my netbook is fine i'm just preparing some stuff in case something goes wrong...

Can someone that has a full working USB LIVE EDITION post here the content of the file syslinux.cfg or attach the file???

Here is mine:

default menu.c32
timeout 150
MENU TITLE Welcome to Dr.Web LiveUSB

MENU WIDTH 38
MENU MARGIN 0
MENU ROWS 4
MENU HELPMSGROW 10
MENU TIMEOUTROW 22
MENU TABMSGROW 24
MENU CMDLINEROW 24
MENU HSHIFT 23
MENU VSHIFT 2

menu color screen 37;40 #00000000 #00000000 none
menu color border 32;40 #00000000 #00000000 none
menu color title 1;37;40 #00000000 #00000000 none
menu color unsel 32;40 #ff60CA00 #00000000 none
menu color hotkey 1;37;40 #ff60CA00 #00000000 none
menu color sel 7;37;40 #ffffffff #ff60CA00 none
menu color hotsel 1;7;37;40 #ff808080 #ff60CA00 none
menu color scrollbar 30;40 #00000000 #00000000 none

menu color tabmsg 34;40 #00000000 #00000000 none
menu color cmdmark 1;36;40 #ffff0000 #00000000 none
menu color cmdline 37;40 #aaaaaaaa #00000000 none
menu color pwdborder 30;47 #ffff0000 #00000000 std
menu color pwdheader 31;47 #ffff0000 #00000000 std
menu color pwdentry 30;47 #ffff0000 #00000000 std
menu color timeout_msg 37;40 #aaaaaaaa #00000000 none
menu color timeout 1;37;40 #ffaaaaff #00000000 none
menu color help 37;40 #aaaaaa00 #00000000 none
menu color msg07 37;40 #90ffffff #00000000 std

label Dr.Web LiveUSB (Default)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz
append root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc init_opts=4 quiet dokeymap looptype=squashfs loop=/boot/module/white.mo usbroot slowusb initrd=/boot/initrd vga=791 splash=silent,theme:drweb CONSOLE=/dev/tty1

#12 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 07 Январь 2010 - 23:47

Hi,
thanks.

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd-on-usb-disk this link would be helpfull to prepare a bootable USB for dr.web livecd, also drweb should have a script to do this. You may check out the news section of dr.web, please follow the link http://news.drweb.com/show/?i=174&c=5

There is a similar thread at russian section of forum, you may use online translation tools to read them, maybe they can give you a clue. For this please see http://forum.drweb.com/index.php?showtopic=286274

#13 Robertokappa

Robertokappa

• Posters
  • 8 Сообщений:

Отправлено 08 Январь 2010 - 01:41

those links doesn't hemp me, the problem is not to how build the usb, but why it doesn't work for me, i don't think that there is somethings wrong in the procedure, but in the command lines.
thanks anyway for the suggest links..
i've appreciate it

#14 Breathless

Breathless

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 08 Январь 2010 - 19:33

those links doesn't hemp me, the problem is not to how build the usb, but why it doesn't work for me, i don't think that there is somethings wrong in the procedure, but in the command lines.
i've appreciate it

I am having the same problem. That screenshot you initially posted where it says "cannot find cd" is exactly what I get. I am able to boot other isos from my USB flash drive without issue (like Windows 7, etc). The Dr. Web Live "cd" does start to boot from my flash drive, and I see the green splash screen, but it just stops and sits there forever. I reboot, try again, this time going into verbose mode to see whats going on and I get the same exact issue as the initial poster here.

#15 Robertokappa

Robertokappa

• Posters
  • 8 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Январь 2010 - 17:00

I GOT A CONCLUSION....

DR WEB live usb is not really a true live usb version....

It work only if you get the true cd inset in the optical drive, so the usb live version is just a boostap.....
Because i tried to boot from usb and it doesn't work, then i've insert the cd and boot from USB and now it work, but i need to work without the cd......

Or i'm in wrong[ sensored ]?

#16 Breathless

Breathless

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Январь 2010 - 20:27

I GOT A CONCLUSION....

DR WEB live usb is not really a true live usb version....

It work only if you get the true cd inset in the optical drive, so the usb live version is just a boostap.....
Because i tried to boot from usb and it doesn't work, then i've insert the cd and boot from USB and now it work, but i need to work without the cd......

Or i'm in wrong[ sensored ]?

There is always a way to make these kinds of thing work, its just that us normal guys never know how.

#17 ercherramon

ercherramon

• Posters
  • 4 Сообщений:

Отправлено 08 Июнь 2010 - 18:19

i've appreciate it

I am having the same problem. That screenshot you initially posted where it says "cannot find cd" is exactly what I get. I am able to boot other isos from my USB flash drive without issue (like Windows 7, etc). The Dr. Web Live "cd" does start to boot from my flash drive, and I see the green splash screen, but it just stops and sits there forever. I reboot, try again, this time going into verbose mode to see whats going on and I get the same exact issue as the initial poster here.

That is unfortunate. but the latest versions that have drawn is not present the application to create LiveUSB. I tested several programs and does not work. :) :) :)

#18 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 08 Июнь 2010 - 20:23

Hello,
Please read this thread

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых