hm...

BL

#2 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Декабрь 2009 - 14:32

LOl! We do not pay attention to THEIR tests.

#3 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Декабрь 2009 - 15:54

It seems to me that people at Dr.Web doesn't pay much attention to any tests at all. When there is no public information about Dr.We's performance against malware, people will start to choose other antiviruses that don't fear to be publicly reviewed.

Perhaps there are flaws in the testing and most of them are done by amateurs. But there are in my opinion good independent tests like av-comparatives that are industry standard these days.

Dr.Web performed badly and others did well so Dr.Web dropped out from these tests. I would like to know why others managed to score well but Dr.Web didn't. I think this can't be completely explained by the amounts of garbage/corrupted files.

#4 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Декабрь 2009 - 23:52

Hi

Check this new test...

http://www.anti-malware-test.com/?q=node/93

hm...

BL

that's Kaspersky Lab site

#5 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 01:23

I agree with Risl. Dr. Web is ending almost every time like the last or between second-class. All these tests are prejudiced eventually unfair?

BL

#6 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 03:41

I agree with Risl. Dr. Web is ending almost every time like the last or between second-class. All these tests are prejudiced eventually unfair?

BL

true, i do think Drweb need to get 'back into the game', but when flaws in testing are found, drweb should correspond with them to get these fixed for the next round of tests.

as for AM.ru, Drweb used to score extremely well with them, and it surprises me that now Drweb add 5x/6x/7x/8x more virus definations per day than they used to, results have been falling with their tests of late. :)

#7 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 12:45

No information about performance leads to no trust.

It's simple as that.

Who would buy a car when you have no idea how much gas it consumes, what kind of motor it has, how safe it is, what colour it is and so on?

Who would install a burglar alarm system when you have no idea if it will alert?

"Have you been infected with Dr.Web?" is not a valid question to argue this, the real question is "Will you get infected with Dr.Web?" and we want to see results about the performance.

#8 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 15:26

No information about performance leads to no trust.

It's simple as that.

Who would buy a car when you have no idea how much gas it consumes, what kind of motor it has, how safe it is, what colour it is and so on?

Who would install a burglar alarm system when you have no idea if it will alert?

"Have you been infected with Dr.Web?" is not a valid question to argue this, the real question is "Will you get infected with Dr.Web?" and we want to see results about the performance.

true, i agree drweb need to get back into the game.

in all honestly, i aint very excited about the new beta, Drweb would need to revamp it for me to get excited about it.

the firewall is too noisy, bugs (as expected), and there is still no acceptable GUI.

its all nice and well saying its better to improve detection and its self protection modules, but im tired of seeing Drweb in its current state, i want to see a full product now, thats in a nice GUI with no extra pop ups, it all should be accessible through the one single GUI now, im also tired with Drweb feeling like a package with multiple modules, instead of one complete security package.

these would ALL need to be applied for me to keep up my interest. :)

#9 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 15:56

I agree that not all tests are independent. But what should convince prospective customer to buy Dr. Web product? Why should he buy Dr. Web with poor results in tests when he has a possibility to download free Avira or Avast or...etc. that are better reputable? Why do you consider this tests or reviews without value? What is wrong? I would like to find some arguments.

Thanks

#10 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 17:06

I agree that not all tests are independent. But what should convince prospective customer to buy Dr. Web product? Why should he buy Dr. Web with poor results in tests when he has a possibility to download free Avira or Avast or...etc. that are better reputable? Why do you consider this tests or reviews without value? What is wrong? I would like to find some arguments.

Thanks

what kind of the arguments do you want looking at the site of Kaspersky Lab? :) they are well knows liars

#11 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 17:18

There are well known independent testing sites like AV-comparatives where we would like to see some arguments. Others participate there and those are the most discussed tests around. People don't even talk about Dr.Web or F-prot on internet forums anymore because they don't participate.

#12 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 18:30

People don't even talk about Dr.Web or F-prot on internet forums anymore because they don't participate.

... and Trend Micro

#13 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 05 Декабрь 2009 - 21:26

Hello
I was waiting more arguments and concretions before i logged in.

BL

#14 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Декабрь 2009 - 02:53

People don't even talk about Dr.Web or F-prot on internet forums anymore because they don't participate.

... and Trend Micro

are drweb not ready to get back into the game then? :)

#15 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Декабрь 2009 - 13:17

... and Trend Micro

are drweb not ready to get back into the game then? :)

looking at the testers and their methodology I guess it have no use

#16 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Декабрь 2009 - 14:11

What is the correct methodology?

#17 Stefan Dashich

Stefan Dashich

Downshifter

• Virus Hunters
  • 992 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Декабрь 2009 - 14:22

There is no any correct methodology. :)
"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten."

#18 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Декабрь 2009 - 14:29

Then why not accept it and participate like the others. People lose interest towards Dr.Web because there are no public results about detection.

#19 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Декабрь 2009 - 14:32

the correct methodology of what aspect?

ARA the thread subject - take a look at shadowserver.org, the 0day daily statistics is here

#20 Baron

Baron

• Posters
  • 17 Сообщений:

Отправлено 06 Декабрь 2009 - 14:46

the correct methodology of what aspect?

ARA the thread subject - take a look at shadowserver.org, the 0day daily statistics is here

Thanks for that Eugeny. Very interesting!

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых