Drweb Freezez When Updateing

• Please log in to reply
20 ответов в этой теме

#1 achmeds

achmeds

• Posters
  • 5 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Декабрь 2009 - 20:37

My Dr.Web freezes every time it updates.

This is really getting annoying I noticed my computer becoming unresponsive when Dr.Web updates. I know it's Dr.Web doing this because the little pop-up comes up saying Dr.web has just updated definitions. Then My PC is back to normal. This happens every time it updates.

Is there some way to correct this? At the least is there a way I can reduce the frequency it updates, it seems to update several times a day.

It just happened again. Here is a list of my running processes and system specs below.

Отправленное изображение

Dr.web Version 5.0.1.11171
XP Sp3
P4 ,512MB ram

#2 Malex

Malex

спасатель

• Posters
  • 1 070 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Декабрь 2009 - 20:49

My Dr.Web freezes every time it updates.

This is really getting annoying I noticed my computer becoming unresponsive when Dr.Web updates. I know it's Dr.Web doing this because the little pop-up comes up saying Dr.web has just updated definitions. Then My PC is back to normal. This happens every time it updates.

Is there some way to correct this? At the least is there a way I can reduce the frequency it updates, it seems to update several times a day.

It just happened again. Here is a list of my running processes and system specs below.

Dr.web Version 5.0.1.11171
XP Sp3
P4 ,512MB ram

Отправленное изображение

BTW, 512MB of ram is not enough play games
Официальный сертифицированный пользователь ПАК:
PC3000 UDMA & Data Extractor (производитель НПП АСЕ), Raid Explorer (производитель СОФТ-ЦЕНТР), Flash Extractor & Image Explorer (производитель СОФТ-ЦЕНТР), Victoria Full version (автор Сергей Казанский), R-Studio Data Recovery (производитель R-Tools Technology Inc.), GetDataBack for FAT (производитель Runtime Software), GetDataBack for NTFS (производитель Runtime Software), собственные разработки.

#3 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Декабрь 2009 - 21:30

Malex

please don't put the screenshots with scrambled tests, much better to have them in English

#4 Stefan Dashich

Stefan Dashich

Downshifter

• Virus Hunters
  • 992 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Декабрь 2009 - 21:40

In English
Отправленное изображение
"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten."

#5 Malex

Malex

спасатель

• Posters
  • 1 070 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Декабрь 2009 - 21:56

Malex

please don't put the screenshots with scrambled tests, much better to have them in English

Indeed :)
Thnks, Dashke :)
PC3000 UDMA & Data Extractor (производитель НПП АСЕ), Raid Explorer (производитель СОФТ-ЦЕНТР), Flash Extractor & Image Explorer (производитель СОФТ-ЦЕНТР), Victoria Full version (автор Сергей Казанский), R-Studio Data Recovery (производитель R-Tools Technology Inc.), GetDataBack for FAT (производитель Runtime Software), GetDataBack for NTFS (производитель Runtime Software), собственные разработки.

#6 achmeds

achmeds

• Posters
  • 5 Сообщений:

Отправлено 12 Декабрь 2009 - 22:39

Thank you I have it set now to update every four hours and only when the PC has been idle for ten minutes.
Hopefully the problem will be corrected in the near future.

#7 Dr33

Dr33

• Posters
  • 45 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 01:26

I have the same problem everytime it updates , this method helps but does not fix the freezing problem itself

#8 Stefan Dashich

Stefan Dashich

Downshifter

• Virus Hunters
  • 992 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 11:53

Malex, you're welcome :)
achmeds, maybe it freezes because you are using Online Armor with Dr.Web? :)
"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten."

#9 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 14:14

Hi

I had the same problem during the application of updates. Freezing is notable mainly by using of Dr.Web SS. By using of Dr.Web AV it was relatively trivial.

#10 achmeds

achmeds

• Posters
  • 5 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 15:15

Dashke
achmeds, maybe it freezes because you are using Online Armor with Dr.Web?

Yes I noticed that with both Armor and Dr.WEB enabled that my computer would freeze when certain applications are launched forte agent being one. I chalked this up to the HIP'S feature in OA conflicting with Dr.Webs real-time protection. When I disable Spider Guard forte Agent launches normally. This freezing doesn't happen with all app's though?

I need a firewall though and OA is a pretty good one and I got it free through a web promotion.

mondeo1
I had the same problem during the application of updates. Freezing is notable mainly by using of Dr.Web SS. By using of Dr.Web AV it was relatively trivial.

What?

#11 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 15:28

???
What is not clear? :) Short freezing is normal by using Dr. Web

#12 Malex

Malex

спасатель

• Posters
  • 1 070 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 15:44

???
What is not clear? :) Short freezing is normal by using Dr. Web

Sometimes it's really hard to understand the questions about freezing, having a good computer nowadays solves the problem. Some of my colleagues were surpriced when they had heard, that drweb freezes.
So sometimes it is a good way to understand that it is a high time to upgrade your hardware.

Anyway an incremental updating will be released soon - it'll eliminate this problem.

#13 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 15:55

Hello

My sister uses laptop for a 1400,-€ and there is a good hardware. My new is also any scrap. Such that, it's hard to say...

#14 Dr33

Dr33

• Posters
  • 45 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 17:13

Dual Core 2G ram is a good PC

#15 Malex

Malex

спасатель

• Posters
  • 1 070 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 17:56

Sure it is. Can you describe the process of freezing?

#16 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 20:48

If your PC runs with Vista and 2G RAM this is not great, this is "needs minimum".

#17 Malex

Malex

спасатель

• Posters
  • 1 070 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 21:01

If your PC runs with Vista and 2G RAM this is not great, this is "needs minimum".

You are right. I'm using XP and haven't faced such problems,

#18 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 13 Декабрь 2009 - 21:02

When i play some game, when i watch some videos on youtube, when i work with Excel - during the AV update the game/video/ stops run/play or work. But this is only for 1-2 sec. :)

#19 achmeds

achmeds

• Posters
  • 5 Сообщений:

Отправлено 14 Декабрь 2009 - 02:50

I've been holding off buying a new PC until MS brought out Win7.I don't want Vista. That and a lot of the CAD tools I use weren't available or were still buggy for 64bit OS's.

After Christmas when the prices come down this one now will replace an old P3 256MB RAM IBM workstation that I use for running test equipment and some automation stuff off. The IBM will go to Goodwill.

I'll be replacing this one with an Intel i7 or i5 processor workstation with 6 or 8 GB ram there are a few I have my eye on but now isn't the time to buy everything goes up around Christmas. When I purchase the new PC I'll upgrade the ram to the maximum of 2GB in this one.

That being said the reason I went with Dr.Web was because it was advertised as a small memory footprint app unlike most of the other bloatware that runs about 15 processes.

While my current PC isn't exactly state of the art I don't think it's a hardware problem.

#20 mondeo1

mondeo1

• Posters
  • 58 Сообщений:

Отправлено 14 Декабрь 2009 - 11:47

I've been holding off buying a new PC until MS brought out Win7.I don't want Vista. That and a lot of the CAD tools I use weren't available or were still buggy for 64bit OS's.

After Christmas when the prices come down this one now will replace an old P3 256MB RAM IBM workstation that I use for running test equipment and some automation stuff off. The IBM will go to Goodwill.

I'll be replacing this one with an Intel i7 or i5 processor workstation with 6 or 8 GB ram there are a few I have my eye on but now isn't the time to buy everything goes up around Christmas. When I purchase the new PC I'll upgrade the ram to the maximum of 2GB in this one.

That being said the reason I went with Dr.Web was because it was advertised as a small memory footprint app unlike most of the other bloatware that runs about 15 processes.

While my current PC isn't exactly state of the art I don't think it's a hardware problem.

Hello
If your PC runs with 256MB RAM it does not need comment. Try to switch unneeded processes after the boot off. :)

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых