• Please log in to reply
1 ответов в теме

#1 kryptonite

kryptonite

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 29 Июнь 2011 - 21:48

One of the computer help forums suggested that I download Dr Web LiveCD

I downloaded it to a CDRW from my laptop that does work. However, my other laptop does not boot; it continues to recycle to the safemode window but none of the selections including the one saying start from the last good settings work.

There are a few details that I think are important. Number one is that DrWeb was the last program that ran in safemode with networking on that XP sp3 computer. Dr Web was running in that mode with the gray veil over every other aspect of the desktop. DrWeb informs me that it must restart to totally eliminate the threats. I click yes to restarting. Nothing happened. I allowed it to sit for at least 20 minutes. When it wouldn't shut down i tried crtl/alt/del. Nothing happened. i tried holding down the start button and nothing happened. In fact i don't recall what it took to get it to shut down. It cycled me back to the safe mode window and there it has been for almost three weeks.

One of the help forums had me download a program called xPud which boots the computer to an unusual desktop. She has asked me to type a string of commands which supposidly will lead to a file on a USB jump drive but the jump drive remains file less.

Now another person is suggesting DrWeb LiveCD. However it is not clear to me if I should double click the download on my good computer or if the download will be recognized by the sick computer if i insert it there.

Any suggestions and help?

#2 drumut

drumut

• Members
  • 325 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Июль 2011 - 00:09

Hello,

Welcome to drweb forums.

Now another person is suggesting DrWeb LiveCD. However it is not clear to me if I should double click the download on my good computer or if the download will be recognized by the sick computer if i insert it there.

Dr.Web Live CD is not an application which runs under windows enviroment, it is a linux based OS but the main existance reason is to eliminate viruses and rescue the datas from unreachable hdd partions to another hdd or flash disk. Because it is a linux based OS it will not get infected from windows viruses and yes it can boot up your computer succesfully.

Let us know your progression.

Сообщение было изменено drumut: 01 Июль 2011 - 00:10

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых