Перейти к содержимому

Фото
- - - - -

Doctor Web CureIt! Locked Down My HOSTS file.

hosts cureit dr web cureit cureit! problem permissions change

• Please log in to reply
3 ответов в этой теме

#1 You

You

• Members
  • 1 Сообщений:

Отправлено 30 Август 2014 - 23:30

I scanned my computer with Dr Web CureIt! yesterday. It detected an "unwanted modification" in my HOSTS file. I knew that my HOSTS file was altered and I actually did it, but the entries that I added to it were obsolete by then, so I decided to heal it just to see if it CureIt! would work. It did. However, I can no longer open or edit the HOST file. I wanted to add something to the HOSTS file so I tried something called HostsMan, but it couldn't access the file like it used to be able to. I tried online tutorials. I tried using Notepad in administrative privileges. I tried changing permissions, but it would not let me. I tried replacing the file, but I can't delete it. Is there a way to regain control of it? Thanks. :)

#2 Dmitry_rus

Dmitry_rus

Guru

• Helpers
  • 3 623 Сообщений:

Отправлено 31 Август 2014 - 00:01

You have to reboot your PC.

#3 Llama ya

Llama ya

• Members
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Октябрь 2014 - 19:27

In my opinion it's a annoying feature... I can't modify host file although this file is in SpiderGuard's exclusion list

Check the owner of file.

You can read this related information about this

http://forum.drweb.com/index.php?showtopic=316520

#4 Dmitry_rus

Dmitry_rus

Guru

• Helpers
  • 3 623 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Октябрь 2014 - 19:49

If HOSTS is in SpiderGuard's exclusion list, Dr.Web won't analyze/cure it. Check Preventive Protection's settings and set HOSTS file to Allow or Ask.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hosts, cureit, dr web cureit, cureit!, problem, permissions change

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых