Firewall Settings

• Please log in to reply
1 ответов в теме

#1 stratoc

stratoc

• Posters
  • 47 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Сентябрь 2011 - 12:41

Hello, I have a full license for dr web ss pro, I have been using the product without the firewall (with windows firewall and router) I have now installed dr web firewall but on default setting was seeing too many pop ups, I have set it to allow all, I assume this is only outgoing connections?
What I mean is on allow all setting am I at least as protected as using windows firewall?
thanks
I'm using 64 bit windows 7

#2 risl

risl

• Posters
  • 228 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Сентябрь 2011 - 15:15

Hello, I have a full license for dr web ss pro, I have been using the product without the firewall (with windows firewall and router) I have now installed dr web firewall but on default setting was seeing too many pop ups, I have set it to allow all, I assume this is only outgoing connections?
What I mean is on allow all setting am I at least as protected as using windows firewall?
thanks
I'm using 64 bit windows 7

It doesn't give too much popups if you select "allow all communications" to the specific application asking for outgoing connection. When you have added your trusted programs to "allow all", the amount of popups will decrease. I use the default rule and have unselected "authorize most common internet services", "authorize identification", "allow netbios" and I have also added custom rule to block incoming connections to port 135. This is how you can achieve "full stealth" from port scan tests.

When an application asks for internet connection, you should select "create new rule" and then "allow all network connection". It will not ask again for that application.

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых