12.8.4(2) VPN on android does not work

• Please log in to reply
5 ответов в этой теме

#1 Rixian

Rixian

• Posters
  • 3 Сообщений:

Отправлено 11 Январь 2023 - 09:58

Hello, recently i cannot access some adult website while few days ago i still can, majority of the adult websites always getting the ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED, while it's bad enough my country banned adult website now i cannot even access it with Dr. Web security space VPN

I already tried disabling the VPN and enabling it, white listing the URL, checking and unchecked the URL filter, seting new rule. And none of it worked

Is this a bug? And what should i do?

#2 phantom83

phantom83

Advanced Member

• Posters
  • 709 Сообщений:

Отправлено 11 Январь 2023 - 11:39

Dr.Web Firewall uses the VPN for Android technology only to perform its functions, without creating a VPN tunnel, so the traffic is not encrypted.

https://cdn-download.drweb.com/pub/drweb/android/pro/HTML/en/dw_firewall.htm

#3 Rixian

Rixian

• Posters
  • 3 Сообщений:

Отправлено 11 Январь 2023 - 13:22

Would deleting the VPN profile and then re-entering it again fix it? Because it was just working fine until my phone internet suddenly turn off by it self and then when i turn it back on i cannot access some site, what can i do to fix it?

#4 phantom83

phantom83

Advanced Member

• Posters
  • 709 Сообщений:

Отправлено 11 Январь 2023 - 13:40

Dr.Web VPN does not connect to an external server; it is created locally on the device so that all traffic passes through it and the firewall can function, i.e. this VPN does not protect you from the provider in any way, and if the provider limits your traffic, then Dr.Web will not help you.

#5 Rixian

Rixian

• Posters
  • 3 Сообщений:

Отправлено 11 Январь 2023 - 14:04

Ah i see, well that's answer my question why i cannot access some sites, and yes my country has been strict for what we see in the internet and been blocking access to some site and the majority of adult site, which is sucks and annoying. But I'll find a way to get around it

Thank u for answering my question

#6 gulshan212

gulshan212

• Banned
  • 2 Сообщений:

Отправлено 25 Январь 2023 - 09:45

Hello this is Gulshan Negi

Well, make sure that the VPN settings on your device are configured correctly. Double-check the server address, username, and password to ensure they are entered correctly.

Thanks

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых