Перейти к содержимому

Фото
* * * * * 2 Голосов

Drweb - What Do People Want 'the Most'?

• Please log in to reply
65 ответов в этой теме

Опрос: Drweb - What Do People Want 'the Most'?

multiple choices allowed

Вы не можете увидеть результаты голосования, пока не проголосуете сами. Войдите на форум и проголосуйте, чтобы увидеть результаты.
Голосовать Гости не могут голосовать

#21 malcontent70

malcontent70

• Posters
  • 34 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 05:37

Dr. Web already has great Anti-Rootkit, has been one of the more stable anti-viruses.

The improved scanner speed in Dr. Web 5 is a most welcomed improvement, but faster would be nice but not a priority for me.

There are stand alone HIPS and Firewall software out there, many are free and good. Why reinvent the wheel and tie up resources programming the code and maintaining it?

I agree that a more integrated GUI would be nice and useful.

Better detection and Heuristics are always a priority for any anti-virus software. Dr. Web 5.0 improved packer support is fantastic. Looks like Dr. Web 5 can handle just about any known and unknown packers and unlimited nesting levels.

#22 sr

sr

• Posters
  • 28 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 10:08

Firewall, HIPS - not needed from drweb, but make drweb to compatible with 3dth party sw if possible
Faster Scanner - engine is maybe fast but scanners are not optimized and slow
Flashy GUI - do something, don't need to be "flashy"
More information in 'About' - add product expiring info, like other av vendors do
Better Heuristics, Better Detection - more reliable and more detection without needs to update every hour to detect same viruses
Better Stability - better testing before release, make public known incompatiblity bugs and problems in english
Other - less and more effective usage of PC resources (drweb is not like one product, it is set of utilities from developers), quarantine with easy file restore function, more faster bug fixing
ESET NOD32 Antivirus

#23 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 13:35

Hey,
erything[/b], so we can see what everyone wants the most.

Cris, many happy returns of the day! it's better to say it later than never ;)

#24 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 15:54

Hey,
erything[/b], so we can see what everyone wants the most.

Cris, many happy returns of the day! it's better to say it later than never ;)

lol thanks, and your completely right... it is better late, than never ;)

bet your waiting for the 7th, right? ;)

#25 DavidR

DavidR

• Posters
  • 59 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 16:32

even at this early stage, im intrigued at Zero votes still for a firewall.

yet the firewall arrives in 2-3 months right?

will it be a good one?... probably
will it probably have some unique technology?... probably

but this really hits the nail on the head, do people really want it?

IMHO id welcome anything new to the doctor, however... i do wonder if the time and resources could have been better used somewhere else.

lets see how it goes ;)

i wonder if the staff members can speak their mind about what they think, without fearing backlash from the boss. ;) lol

;)

Chris,
Actually, since the time there was talk about a true Dr. Web "suite," including a firewall, I was interested in seeing what kind of firewall they would include--and I was prepared to use the suite. However, I didn't register a vote for a firewall because I was under the impression that Dr. Web had given up on the idea of developing a true suite with firewall. I am surprised to now hear that this is still "in-the-works!" If they develop one and include it in the suite--and it's stable--I'll try it. You can put me down for a vote for the firewall!
"May all beings be at peace...."

#26 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 27 Декабрь 2008 - 17:12

even at this early stage, im intrigued at Zero votes still for a firewall.

yet the firewall arrives in 2-3 months right?

will it be a good one?... probably
will it probably have some unique technology?... probably

but this really hits the nail on the head, do people really want it?

IMHO id welcome anything new to the doctor, however... i do wonder if the time and resources could have been better used somewhere else.

lets see how it goes ;)

i wonder if the staff members can speak their mind about what they think, without fearing backlash from the boss. ;) lol

;)

Chris,
Actually, since the time there was talk about a true Dr. Web "suite," including a firewall, I was interested in seeing what kind of firewall they would include--and I was prepared to use the suite. However, I didn't register a vote for a firewall because I was under the impression that Dr. Web had given up on the idea of developing a true suite with firewall. I am surprised to now hear that this is still "in-the-works!" If they develop one and include it in the suite--and it's stable--I'll try it. You can put me down for a vote for the firewall!

yes, the firewall is very much under development.

#27 Ges

Ges

• Posters
  • 4 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Январь 2009 - 20:42

I voted for Flashy (the 1 promised) GUI, Faster Scanner and Other. I voted for the first 2 cause these are the most requested from international users on Wilders Sec. Forums. Other: Compatibility with other security software is most important for me. Dr.Web flagged MBAM and SAS 2 much in the past.

Not voted for points: - Firewall, nice option but id rather use a thirdparty firewall as imo they r mostly better because they are maintained and improved on a regular bases where FW's in suites are mostly there for marketing reasons( the more features the more bloated the better sold) only.
-HIPS, never had good experiences with HIPS in KAV so id rather not c Dr.Web do the same thing. That doesbnt mean Dr.Web wouldnt be able to do it better though.
-More information in about, wouldnt know whats missing in there now so no vote
-Game mode, even though im a gamer i would not want an option to seriously decrease my security trough gaming. If the regulary update does cause a serious slow/lag during a shooter id think wed be better of with an investigation as to y it happens so it can be fixed. I consider such a thing a bug and not a needed feature.
-Better heuristics, i allready think Dr.Web detects many malware with a small amount of signatures as viewed on some official testresults but id do like the heuristics not to flag anythingh suspisious( mostly harmless legit files) as backdoors, that is seriously putting me off ):
-Better detection, as said i allready think Dr.Web does good enough in that department and am sure the labs do their best to keep it that way
- Better anti rootkit, well i have no idea hopw Dr.Web does in that department, id guess that most av's do ok in that regard but rootkits are pretty advanced so i wouldnt be suprised if the protection in that area would lag behind but then again im sure its a priority in the labs
-better stability, well Dr.Web has never been that stable but i wish english users would get their tickets better and faster solved as my experiences in the past werent positive when trying to get things solved, imo the language barriere might have affected it so that english reported bugs might be misunderstood and therefor not investigated well.

#28 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Январь 2009 - 21:42

I voted for Flashy (the 1 promised) GUI, Faster Scanner and Other. I voted for the first 2 cause these are the most requested from international users on Wilders Sec. Forums. Other: Compatibility with other security software is most important for me. Dr.Web flagged MBAM and SAS 2 much in the past.

Not voted for points: - Firewall, nice option but id rather use a thirdparty firewall as imo they r mostly better because they are maintained and improved on a regular bases where FW's in suites are mostly there for marketing reasons( the more features the more bloated the better sold) only.
-HIPS, never had good experiences with HIPS in KAV so id rather not c Dr.Web do the same thing. That doesbnt mean Dr.Web wouldnt be able to do it better though.
-More information in about, wouldnt know whats missing in there now so no vote
-Game mode, even though im a gamer i would not want an option to seriously decrease my security trough gaming. If the regulary update does cause a serious slow/lag during a shooter id think wed be better of with an investigation as to y it happens so it can be fixed. I consider such a thing a bug and not a needed feature.
-Better heuristics, i allready think Dr.Web detects many malware with a small amount of signatures as viewed on some official testresults but id do like the heuristics not to flag anythingh suspisious( mostly harmless legit files) as backdoors, that is seriously putting me off ):
-Better detection, as said i allready think Dr.Web does good enough in that department and am sure the labs do their best to keep it that way
- Better anti rootkit, well i have no idea hopw Dr.Web does in that department, id guess that most av's do ok in that regard but rootkits are pretty advanced so i wouldnt be suprised if the protection in that area would lag behind but then again im sure its a priority in the labs
-better stability, well Dr.Web has never been that stable but i wish english users would get their tickets better and faster solved as my experiences in the past werent positive when trying to get things solved, imo the language barriere might have affected it so that english reported bugs might be misunderstood and therefor not investigated well.

some good points but...

Dr.Web has never been that stable

what? ;)

#29 Ges

Ges

• Posters
  • 4 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Январь 2009 - 22:05

some good points but...

Dr.Web has never been that stable

what? ;)

Mistype, Dr.Web is not known to be unstable but from reading this thread i dont have much faith in Dr.Web's staff actually looking at these votes or am i wrong?

Thanks for the poll Chris n sorry for not have participated in it before, totally forgot about it when you first asked on Wilders for ppl to do so.

#30 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 01 Январь 2009 - 22:26

Mistype, Dr.Web is not known to be unstable but from reading this thread i dont have much faith in Dr.Web's staff actually looking at these votes or am i wrong?

Thanks for the poll Chris n sorry for not have participated in it before, totally forgot about it when you first asked on Wilders for ppl to do so.

im sure the staff will take note of it, even if they may/may not change their minds about anything.

its always nice to at least alert them of what we want ;)

maybe they will just humor us. ;)

welcome aboard the forum ;)

#31 icr

icr

• Posters
  • 4 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Январь 2009 - 11:28

I voted for GUI and Fast Scanner it took abt 1hr to scan my hd

#32 poundsmack

poundsmack

• Posters
  • 6 Сообщений:

Отправлено 10 Январь 2009 - 01:22

GUI. Though I don't mind the current GUI, I think it's time for change. Other than that, keep up the great work dev team.

#33 Dr33

Dr33

• Posters
  • 45 Сообщений:

Отправлено 02 Февраль 2009 - 18:05

Firewall Please !!
and Better GUI

#34 cyber kurajber

cyber kurajber

• Posters
  • 10 Сообщений:

Отправлено 03 Февраль 2009 - 00:17

Better detection, faster scanning and faster starting when Dr.Web runs from context menu. :rolleyes:

#35 strikerXtrem02

strikerXtrem02

• Posters
  • 5 Сообщений:

Отправлено 03 Февраль 2009 - 03:04

faster scanning and firewall,hips and game mode :rolleyes:

#36 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 14 Февраль 2009 - 02:28

faster scanning and firewall,hips and game mode :lol:

oohhh, its been pinned as an important topic.

could this be, that Drweb are paying attention to us and this thread? :lol:

#37 strikerXtrem02

strikerXtrem02

• Posters
  • 5 Сообщений:

Отправлено 14 Февраль 2009 - 03:41

hi, C.S.J
I suppose that yes lol :lol:

#38 Eugeny Gladkih

Eugeny Gladkih

the Spirit of the Enlightenment

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 5 295 Сообщений:

Отправлено 14 Февраль 2009 - 13:33

faster scanning and firewall,hips and game mode :lol:

I've done that. you know we're open for the thoughts :lol:

#39 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 15 Февраль 2009 - 02:33

faster scanning and firewall,hips and game mode :)

I've done that. you know we're open for the thoughts :lol:

thats cool Eugeny,

so, which modules of the poll are expected to enter Drweb?

<<< the GUI, yayyy >>>

and we know the firewall is coming too?
i hear the HIPS is still very much in development, is this still the case?

i wonder if, by the end of the year, all features mentioned will be included? :lol:

doubt it, but it would be nice. :)

still hoping for the GUI ASAP, will it be before or after CEBIT? :)

#40 C.S.J

C.S.J

• Posters
  • 199 Сообщений:

Отправлено 09 Май 2009 - 15:17

this thread was created in December.

here we are, MAY.

no Firewall?
no GUI?
no Excryped Quarantine with the restore function?
no Faster scanner?

for a few years, the scanner has been labelled as 30% faster, 20% faster etc etc , yet... is it just me?, or does it still remain very similar to 4.42 in terms of the speed it takes to scan a computer?

nothing extra.

Do Drweb understand this frustration with its customers? http://forum.drweb.com/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.png

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых