Purchase of Dr. Web for Mac OS X

• Please log in to reply
1 ответов в теме

#1 DavidR1948

DavidR1948

• Posters
  • 3 Сообщений:

Отправлено 16 Апрель 2012 - 12:45

Not really a profound post, but I'm just curious to find out if other Mac owners decided to purchase Dr. Web for Mac OS X due to the recent report about the Flashback trojan affecting so many Macs. I, myself, did purchase it for this reason. As a side note, I found it interesting that some columnists who commented on this issue said that they were not at all familiar with the company, Dr. Web, and had no idea how long it has been around. As a long-time PC user, until recently, when I bought my first Mac, I had, in the past, had Dr. Web installed on several of my computers, so Dr. Web was a "known entity" to me. As I said, I'm just curious about others' thoughts on this.
"May all beings be at peace...."

#2 sergeyko

sergeyko

Guru

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 3 925 Сообщений:

Отправлено 16 Апрель 2012 - 13:58

Not really a profound post, but I'm just curious to find out if other Mac owners decided to purchase Dr. Web for Mac OS X due to the recent report about the Flashback trojan affecting so many Macs. I, myself, did purchase it for this reason. As a side note, I found it interesting that some columnists who commented on this issue said that they were not at all familiar with the company, Dr. Web, and had no idea how long it has been around. As a long-time PC user, until recently, when I bought my first Mac, I had, in the past, had Dr. Web installed on several of my computers, so Dr. Web was a "known entity" to me. As I said, I'm just curious about others' thoughts on this.

I didn't buy it, but I use it on my Mac at work. My purposes are testing ones mostly of course, but I am a Dr.Web for Mac user :).

Сообщение было изменено sergeyko: 16 Апрель 2012 - 14:12

Sergey Komarov
R&D www.drweb.com

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых