single license & dual boot

• Please log in to reply
7 ответов в этой теме

#1 lebra1976

lebra1976

• Posters
  • 3 Сообщений:

Отправлено 28 Ноябрь 2014 - 13:24

hello, i'm about to change my computer and am wondering if a single license of dr.web is fine for both installed systems on a dual boot. i wouldn't want to get my license blocked for abuse, so i thought asking in advance might be reasonable enough.

always had this sort of config on my pc's - keeping on separate partitions 1 healthy install of windows for serious personal stuff and the other for random nonsense, a few games, plenty of trial software... and getting the latter formatted & reinstalled as soon as it gets too bulky & slow.

i know some AV software allows you to do that (symantec and kasperski say it clearly for instance), as does windows allow to install (and legally activate) multiple copies of one OS on different HD partitions on the same machine.

please do not reply with statements like "you don't really need dual boot" or similar nonsense, which is quite common on forums nowadays - hopefully not on this one.

#2 SergM

SergM

Guru

• Moderators
  • 9 387 Сообщений:

Отправлено 28 Ноябрь 2014 - 20:16

You can use Dr. Web program on your PC.

EXTEND single license for 1 PC.

Сообщение было изменено SergM: 28 Ноябрь 2014 - 20:16

#3 Dmitry_rus

Dmitry_rus

Guru

• Helpers
  • 3 623 Сообщений:

Отправлено 28 Ноябрь 2014 - 21:11

For example, if you've installed 2 copy of Windows on the same hardware, and these copies can't work simultaneously (dual-boot) - it's OK, you may use your single license.

Otherwise (Virtual Machine) you have to extend the license for more computers.

#4 lebra1976

lebra1976

• Posters
  • 3 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Декабрь 2014 - 14:23

exactly, 2 systems on the same machine that cannot work simultaneously - that's the point of dual boot.

i've never used virtual machines.

the reply by moderator above is VERY unclear, though. it seems to state quite the opposite.

i'm asking if a bot blocks the license by default in these cases or not.

still haven't installed anything on the new PC.

#5 Dmitry_rus

Dmitry_rus

Guru

• Helpers
  • 3 623 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Декабрь 2014 - 15:34

EULA:

===

4.1. The period within which the copy usage right is granted, the number of PCs, information about availability of technical support and other Software copy usage terms selected by the user during lawful acquisition of the Software copy are defined in the license key file that activates the Software copy and ensures its operability.

5.1. The Software can be used only within the period and on the number of computers as defined in the license key file under paragraphs 4.1-4.2 herein.

===

http://license.drweb.com/agreement/?lng=en

So, if you've bought a license for 1 PC, you may use Dr.Web on 1 PC, regardless of the number of installed operating system(s). For further assistance please contact Support Team.

https://support.drweb.com/support_wizard/?lng=en

#6 Dmitry_rus

Dmitry_rus

Guru

• Helpers
  • 3 623 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Декабрь 2014 - 15:57

Upd.: Dr.Web has a special module (Updater), which updates AV-bases and other modules. When updating, it sends to Update Server some unique hardware information + keynumber. So the Company may track legality. For example, if hardware info has changed, but keynumber is the same - оbviously, you use the Product on more PCs than the license provided (1).

Each VM counts as separate standalone PC, with own unique hardware ID.

#7 Dmitry_rus

Dmitry_rus

Guru

• Helpers
  • 3 623 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Декабрь 2014 - 17:58

i'm about to change my computer and am wondering if a single license of dr.web is fine for both installed systems on a dual boot.
If you're going to change your computer (hardware), you have to stop using your license key on an old PC. Otherwise your key will be blocked.

#8 lebra1976

lebra1976

• Posters
  • 3 Сообщений:

Отправлено 04 Декабрь 2014 - 23:49

thanks for all yaour prompt replies.

i'm about to change my computer and am wondering if a single license of dr.web is fine for both installed systems on a dual boot.

If you're going to change your computer (hardware), you have to stop using your license key on an old PC. Otherwise your key will be blocked.

now i realise this sentence has caused some misunderstanding:

when i install the new pc, the old one is going into garbage, this was obvious for me, but not clear within the context of the original post.

hopefully the logs don't cause trouble if one sistem is XP and the other 7, as is likely to be the case when the installations are over.

(and again no, no virtual machines anywhere, i was not talking about them.)

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых