• Please log in to reply
1 ответов в теме

#1 Johnny Sokko

Johnny Sokko

• Posters
  • 43 Сообщений:

Отправлено 21 Апрель 2015 - 19:03

Hello.

I have two issues with SpIDer Gate. The first issue is SpIDer Gate is blocking a web site which I believe to be completely safe. The URL was blocked for the following reason: Not recommend site (See attached screenshot.)

I have downloaded software from the blocked website for several years without any problems, so I suspected the block was a false positive. However, before disabling the URL blocking and proceeding to the site, I wanted to see if other antivirus companies were reporting any issues, so I went to VirusTotal and scanned the URL. The results were 0/62 detections. Strangely, Dr.Web was one of the 62 vendors reporting the site as safe—even though SpIDer Gate is blocking it! (See attached screenshot.)

1.) Why would a site be blocked by SpIDer Gate that Dr.Web reports as safe on VirusTotal?

And my second issue . . .

When I learned that no vendors on VirusTotal were reporting any issues including Dr.Web, I clicked the link on the SpIDer Gate alert message to report a false positive. I was then taken to the Dr.Web site where I had to fill out a form, but I ran into a problem when trying to submit it.

The problem is, in order to submit the form, all of the question boxes must be answered and filled in, including a box called Report Category. In the Report Category box, you have to classify the type of false detection that you are reporting; however, only two options are given: false alarm and detection failure. No option exists to report URLs falsely listed in the category of Not Recommend sites. Since I could not submit the form without selecting one or the other, I chose false alarm. (See attached screenshot.)

The next day I received an email from Dr.Web stating that the reported URL does not exist within their detections in the category that I had selected.

2.) How can I report a false detection by SpIDer Gate in the category of Not recommended sites when that reporting option doesn't even exist?

Thanks in advance and sorry for this being so long.

Прикрепленные файлы:

Сообщение было изменено Johnny Sokko: 21 Апрель 2015 - 19:05

#2 sergeyko

sergeyko

Guru

• Dr.Web Staff
  • 3 925 Сообщений:

Отправлено 21 Апрель 2015 - 19:17

1. It is NOT recommended because it does not have any malware still we suspect our users may get some damage there. 

2. I'm so sorry, I looked it up myself at our site and seem to have no answer to you. But my guess they somehow interpreted not recommended as 'objectionable websites'... Try this category please. Let's see. 

Sergey Komarov
R&D www.drweb.com

Читают тему: 0

0 пользователей, 0 гостей, 0 скрытых